TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Audi and BMW USA engaged in a small twitter fight last week. Rather than calling it an actual fight, one can say that both automotive brands 'threw shade' at each other. Serious or friendly, the small twitter conversation was quite an enjoyable moment for both BMW and Audi enthusiasts. This is what happened!
BMW tweeted a picture of their sportscar – the F82 M4, last week. The light painting showcased some sparkles or pyro works at the background and is a good photograph. The tweet got a decent amount of engagement and that is when BMW's main rival responded.
Audi retweeted BMW's post with an interesting headline — "When you see it..."; indicating the ring formations behind the car which resembled Audi's four-ring logo. The four rings in Audi represent the pre-war Auto Union of four manufacturers: Audi Automobilwerke, Horch, DKW and Wanderer.
BMW on the same day replied to Audi's post saying, "We see it, where we usually do... in the rear-view mirror" - a good comeback, to be honest. After seeing this, a train of comments, memes, shares and tags by BMW and Audi fans followed the conversation.
This is not the first Audi and BMW have mocked each other publicly. In fact, many major manufacturers have done similar things to instantly gain market attention.
Once when Audi put up a billboard of thethen new A4 sedan in Santa Monica, California, USA, it had a one-liner — "Your move, BMW". BMW soon installed a larger hoarding board beside Audi's.
"Checkmate.", said the hoarding.
Audi then installed an even larger billboard showing their R8 supercar, along with the tagline, "Your pawn is no match for our king". BMW, on the other hand, used a small Zeppelin-like airship which showcased their Formula 1 car. It said, "Game over".
Here's another one!
Thoughts On The Audi-BMW Twitter Fight
Audi and BMW have got a huge fan base all over the world and this small twitter conversation gained a lot of social media attention. The two brands often pop up in occasional heated arguments between car enthusiasts, sometimes along with Mercedes too.
Even thoughpeople claim that one brand is better than the other, the actual fact is that almost all premium cars made today are good in their own ways.