TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Rimac, the manufacturer of the electric powertrain, has teased a new electric hypercar which will be a successor to the Concept One.
The Concept One is an electric hypercar which Rimac already produces but in a very limited numbers. The current model is an extremely quick car which has already beaten the likes of Porsche 918 in straight line speed.
Now, Rimac states that the new electric hypercar will be more powerful than the Concept One and describes the car as a game changer. The company also provides powertrains to other automakers such as Koenigsegg and Aston Martin for their respective electric models.
The new Rimac electric hypercar will be launched at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show in March. The teaser image indicates that the new car will feature active aerodynamics with a moving rear wing.
The new electric hypercar will sport coupe-like body style. It is also reported that that the upcoming hypercar will be smaller than the Concept One which makes it easy to use in urban conditions. The new hypercar will have a much longer production run as compared to the Concept One.
Apart from developing new cars, Rimac is also planning to expand its dealership network and aims to enter the booming electric car segment with a higher volume of production. Tesla has already captured the global electric vehicle market, and the Rimac hypercar will be a fitting rival to the American firm.
We already know that several major automakers around the world are developing electric vehicles and it is no different for supercars too. Tesla has already revealed the second-generation Roadster which boasts impressive performance figures. Now, Rimac is planning to introduce its new hypercar which might beat most of the internal combustion supercars around the world.