- 2018 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Launched In India; Prices Start From Rs 99.48 Lakh
- Bollywood Actor Bobby Deol Treats Himself To A Brand New Range Rover Sport SUV
- Range Rover SVAutobiography & Sport SVR Bookings Open — The Performance-Focussed Models Of The Lot
- Range Rover Evoque 3-Door Discontinued — Low Sales Figures Is The Primary Reason
- Range Rover Evoque & Discovery Sport Ingenium Petrol Launched; Prices Start At Rs 49.20 Lakh
- 2018 Range Rover And Range Rover Sport India Bookings Open — To Be Launched Soon
British automaker Land Rover has been developing the plug-in hybrid version of the petrol Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models. Autocar India reports that the models with the PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) drivetrain will be introduced in the global market in 2018.
Land Rover is in the final phase of the technical setup of the models. The hybrid models will draw power from a 2-litre petrol engine and an Electric Drive Module (EDM).
Range Rover will be the first models to use Jaguar Land Rover's newly developed PHEV drivetrain. In the later phase, the technology will be introduced in the Jaguar F-Pace, XF and XJ models.
The Electric Drive Module (EDM) is developed in-house by JLR, and it can be fitted into the current platform of the Range Rover models. EDM is coupled to a ZF automatic gearbox and is powered by a lithium-ion battery.
Land Rover has already commenced the road testing of the new drivetrain. The models with the hybrid technology have been spotted with no cosmetic changes, but the new badges indicate the low emission levels.
Jaguar Land Rover already produces diesel-electric hybrid Range Rover models powered by a 3-litre V6 diesel engine and electric powertrain. Compared to the petrol-electric, the diesel-hybrid produces more power. But the emissions will be lesser in the new petrol-hybrid models.
Land Rover has been working on the petrol-electric drivetrain and is in the final phase of testing. The Range Rover PHEV will rival the BMW X5 xDrive40e. The PHEV drivetrain will drastically reduce the carbon emissions which is good for the environment.