- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 7 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
McLaren makes fast cars, and two desirable models are the 12C and the P1 GTR. Now, a company called HyperCar Development has come up with a tri-turbo kit for the McLaren 12C that spikes the car's performance to 1200hp (1183bhp).
The tri-turbo tuning package can be purchased for $140,000, and what you get from the package is an insane sounding turbo spool. That said, the package comes with an eight-point roll cage, a massive hydraulic air brake similar to that of the P1 GTR, and of course, a claimed top speed of 434km/h.
Oh, and the numbers - the 12C can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 2.4 seconds, and to 160km/h in 3.5 seconds from a stand still. The McLaren 12C clears the quarter mile stretch in 8 seconds.
Coming up with tuning kits for top-of-the-line cars are quite difficult, as the chassis and most components are already on their limits. The 12C too faced similar trouble since the tuner says the engine bay was cramped and fitting the third turbocharger was difficult. When you do manage to overcome all these troubles and find the right balance, results are sweet.