- 12 min ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 2 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 4 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Dealerships Introduce Car Safety Bubble: Ensures Sanitised Cars At The Time Of Delivery
- Sports Thrilling middleweight bout headlines UFC Vegas 16 on December 5
- News PM Modi lights the first diya of Dev Deepawali
- Finance Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Interest Rates Up To 8%
- Movies EXCLUSIVE: Durgamati Actor Jisshu Sengupta Says, ‘I Am Scared Of Ghosts’
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In December
- Lifestyle Taapsee Pannu Exudes Glam Vibes With Her Black Gown; Find Out The Details
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Ashok Leyland today launched the Dost+ in Bangalore at a starting price of Rs 5,68,360 (ex-showroom, Bangalore). The Dost+ is the latest commercial vehicle to be launched by Ashok Leyland, and is targeted at customers in the upper end of the Small Commercial Vehicle segment in India.
The Dost+ is based on its sibling - the Ashok Leyland Dost - with which, the Chennai based commercial vehicle manufacturer first entered the new Light Commercial Vehicle segment. The Dost+ is just more capable and better equipped to haul heavier loads.
Being based on the Dost platform, the Dost+ is also powered by the same 1.5-litre TDCR engine with a maximum power output of 60bhp and a peak torque output of 170Nm, which is more than sufficient to haul around the loads it has been designed for. Ashok Leyland also claims best in class fuel efficiency for the Dost+.
The Ashok Leyland Dost+ is capable of hauling 18 percent more than the Dost and the suspension has been strengthened to handle the extra weight. The vehicle still is suspended by leaf springs, but now has more leaf springs than the Dost. The 14-inch steel wheels have been replaced by 15-inchers.
The Dost+ would appeal to those who require a vehicle to haul larger loads while still using a small vehicle. The Dost+ measures 2645mm long and 1620mm wide making it perfect for lugging loads across crowded urban areas as well as small rural roads.
The Dost+ has been launched with an additional warranty of two years/ one lakh kilometres, giving its customers confidence and peace of mind. With the launch of the Dost+, Ashok Leyland will be able to address the needs of the 2 to 3.5 Tonne Gross Vehicle Weight segment, as it already has the Dost in its product portfolio.
With the Dost+, customers can choose between three colours - White, Irish Cream and Grey-Beige. Three variants have been made available, with the top-spec variant featuring air-conditioning, power steering and dual-tone interiors.
Ashok Leyland is a major player in the commercial vehicle segment in India with a market share of nearly 40 percent. The co-existence of the Dost and Dost+ in their LCV lineup now, is a plus point for the company, as they can now comfortably look at a bigger share in the small commercial vehicle segment. Customers can also benefit from this, as they would have more earnings per kilometer.