- 6 hrs ago Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- 8 hrs ago MS Dhoni Buys A Land Rover Series 3 Vintage SUV: BBT Online Auction
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike Announced: Price Increase Of Upto Rs 21,000 Effective From January 2022
- 11 hrs ago Top 10 Essentials For Any Car: From Puncture Repair Kits To Torch Lights
- Finance What To Do If Your Health Insurance Claim Get Rejected?
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022: Offers On Top 5G Smartphones
- News Crime syndicate behind 1993 Mumbai serial blasts given state protection: India at UN
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 18 Highlights: Karan Kundrra & Tejasswi Prakash's Families Approve Of Their Relationship
- Sports Dasun Shanaka's maiden ODI ton goes in vain as Zimbabwe edge Sri Lanka by 22 runs in 2nd ODI
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
- Lifestyle Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is one of the best-selling motorcycles in the country and the motorcycle offers a decent balance between touring ability and city riding.
To take on the Royal Enfield Meteor 350, the newly launched Yezdi Roadster should do everything that the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 does and offer something more.
To avoid further confusion, we shall compare both motorcycles in terms of their Design, Powertrain, Features, Chassis & Suspension and Price.
Though the design of a vehicle is a subjective matter, it is one of the deciding factors while making a purchase. However, preferences depend on one's personal taste.
While both motorcycles are aimed towards a similar target audience, there are some differences to each other.
In comparison, the Yezdi Roadster looks a bit bulkier than the Royal Enfield Meteor 350, thanks to its smaller headlamps and slightly more tightly packed engine unit. However, it is the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 that looks more proportionate among the two.
In terms of powertrain, the Yezdi Roadster has the upper hand over the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 with its liquid-cooled, DOHC engine. Though this engine is slightly smaller in displacement at 334cc, it produces a healthier 29.78bhp at 8,000 rpm and 29.9Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm.
In comparison, the 249cc air-cooled engine in the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 produces a slightly lower 20.2bhp at 6,100 rpm and 27Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm.
This means the Yezdi Roadster has a clear advantage over the Royal Enfield Meteor 350. Apart from that, the Yezdi Roadster is also equipped with a 6-speed transmission as opposed to Meteor 350's 5-speed unit.
On paper, this makes the Yezdi Roadster a better choice for highway cruising and long-distance touring.
Being the newer motorcycle among the two, the Yezdi Roadster comes with a lot more features than the Royal Enfield Meteor 350.
The Yezdi Roadster comes equipped with features such as LED headlights, LED taillamps, a fully-digital instrument console, tachometer, clock, USB-A & C type charging points and many more.
On the other hand, the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 comes with features such as a Tripper navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity and a few more.
4. Chassis & Suspension
Both models come with very similar chassis set up and are equipped with telescopic suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. However, the differences in the setup can be confirmed only after riding both motorcycles.
The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 comes equipped with 300mm disc brake at the front and a 270mm disc brake at the rear, whereas the Yezdi Roadster comes with a larger 320mm disc at the front and a slightly smaller 240mm disc brake at the rear.
Prices for the new Royal Enfield Meteor 350 now starts from Rs 2.01 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the prices for the new Yezdi Roadster starts from Rs 1.98 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Meteor 350 & Yezdi Roadster
Both motorcycles are aimed towards a similar target audience group, and Yezdi Roadster offers a bit more power and features than the Meteor 350. While this makes the Yezdi Roadster a winner on paper, we are yet to see how the new motorcycle fairs against the Meteor 350 in the real world.