- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News How 5G launch in India will benefit health sector?
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
TVS has been raking up decent sales figures with the TVS Jupiter 125 scooter. Also, engineers at TVS have put a lot of effort to make the TVS Jupiter 125 a proper step up from the standard TVS Jupiter scooter. However, the TVS Jupiter 125 still has to compete with the Honda Activa 125 scooter, and in this comparison, we shall compare both these scooters in terms of design, features, powertrain and price.
Though the design is a subjective matter, for the sake of comparison we have to take sides even though it can contradict with your opinion. Starting with the Honda Activa 125, it is clear that the designers at Honda have not taken any risk to make the model any more distinct. In fact, the Honda Activa 125 could be easily mistaken for the standard model for untrained eyes.
However, the 125cc version of the Honda Activa does come with a few splashes of chrome at the front and sides for added premiumness compared to the standard model.
In comparison, the design of the TVS Jupiter 125 retains the silhouette of the standard version of the TVS Jupiter. However, the model looks very distinct in person and it can be easily identified even from a decent distance.
Features & Convenience
The 125cc scooter segment is considered 'Premium' in India, as such, both these scooters come with features such as telescopic front suspension, part digital instrument console, LED headlamps, external fuel filling, fuel injection, USB charging, two trip meters, a clock, front storage, one-click start, instantaneous fuel efficiency, auto start/stop function, average fuel efficiency, and external fuel filling with remote lid opening.
However, being the newer model, the TVS Jupiter 125 offers even more standard equipment with features such as bigger 220mm disc brakes at the front, gas-charged rear shocks, 12-inch tyres at both front and back, front fuel filling, an all-in-one key slot and a massive 33-litre underseat storage.
The Honda Activa 125 is powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, BS6 petrol engine. This engine is capable of producing 8.18bhp of peak power at 6,500 rpm and 10.3Nm of peak torque at 5,000 rpm. However, the Honda Activa 125 is also the heaviest with a kerb weight of 111 kg.
On the other hand, the TVS Jupiter 125 uses a new 2-valve, 124.8cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, petrol engine. This engine produces 8.04bhp of peak power at 6,500 rpm and 10.5Nm of peak torque at just 4,500 rpm.
Though the TVS Jupiter 125 is marginally less powerful than the Honda Activa 125, it produces more torque at lower rpm, and it is also lighter by almost 3kg, weighing just 108kg.
Pricing plays a crucial role in the buying decision of many people. No matter what features the scooter may have, to be successful in India. Prices for the Honda Activa 125 on the other hand start from Rs 76,025 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base Drum brake variant, whereas the top-spec variant with Disc Brake and Alloy Wheels cost Rs 83,198 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
However, it is the TVS Jupiter that has the lowest starting price at Rs 73,400 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base variant with drum brakes, whereas the top-end variant with disc brake and alloy wheels is priced at Rs 81,300 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Thoughts About Suzuki Access 125, Honda Activa 125 And TVS Jupiter 125
Being the newer model, the TVS Jupiter 125 scooter not only offers more features and storage space than the Honda Activa 125 but it is also priced a lot dearer as well. This makes the TVS Jupiter 125 a better option, at least on paper.