- 2 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 6 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 19 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 20 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- News On Gandhi Jayanti, revisiting Mahatma Gandhi's famous Talisman test
- Movies Bigg Boss 16's Archana Gautam: All You Need To Know About Bikini Model Turned Politician
- Education MICAT 2023 Phase 1 Registration Begins; Know How To Apply, Exam Dates & More
- Sports India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I: Will rain play spoilsport in Guwahati?
- Finance This Multibagger Stock Is Locked In Upper Circuit For Past 7 Days And Gained The Highest In September
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
TVS has been raking up decent sales figures with the TVS Jupiter 125 scooter. Also, engineers at TVS have put a lot of effort to make the TVS Jupiter 125 a proper step up from the standard TVS Jupiter scooter. However, the TVS Jupiter 125 still has to compete with the Honda Activa 125 scooter, and in this comparison, we shall compare both these scooters in terms of design, features, powertrain and price.
Though the design is a subjective matter, for the sake of comparison we have to take sides even though it can contradict with your opinion. Starting with the Honda Activa 125, it is clear that the designers at Honda have not taken any risk to make the model any more distinct. In fact, the Honda Activa 125 could be easily mistaken for the standard model for untrained eyes.
However, the 125cc version of the Honda Activa does come with a few splashes of chrome at the front and sides for added premiumness compared to the standard model.
In comparison, the design of the TVS Jupiter 125 retains the silhouette of the standard version of the TVS Jupiter. However, the model looks very distinct in person and it can be easily identified even from a decent distance.
Features & Convenience
The 125cc scooter segment is considered 'Premium' in India, as such, both these scooters come with features such as telescopic front suspension, part digital instrument console, LED headlamps, external fuel filling, fuel injection, USB charging, two trip meters, a clock, front storage, one-click start, instantaneous fuel efficiency, auto start/stop function, average fuel efficiency, and external fuel filling with remote lid opening.
However, being the newer model, the TVS Jupiter 125 offers even more standard equipment with features such as bigger 220mm disc brakes at the front, gas-charged rear shocks, 12-inch tyres at both front and back, front fuel filling, an all-in-one key slot and a massive 33-litre underseat storage.
The Honda Activa 125 is powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, BS6 petrol engine. This engine is capable of producing 8.18bhp of peak power at 6,500 rpm and 10.3Nm of peak torque at 5,000 rpm. However, the Honda Activa 125 is also the heaviest with a kerb weight of 111 kg.
On the other hand, the TVS Jupiter 125 uses a new 2-valve, 124.8cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, petrol engine. This engine produces 8.04bhp of peak power at 6,500 rpm and 10.5Nm of peak torque at just 4,500 rpm.
Though the TVS Jupiter 125 is marginally less powerful than the Honda Activa 125, it produces more torque at lower rpm, and it is also lighter by almost 3kg, weighing just 108kg.
Pricing plays a crucial role in the buying decision of many people. No matter what features the scooter may have, to be successful in India. Prices for the Honda Activa 125 on the other hand start from Rs 76,025 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base Drum brake variant, whereas the top-spec variant with Disc Brake and Alloy Wheels cost Rs 83,198 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
However, it is the TVS Jupiter that has the lowest starting price at Rs 73,400 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base variant with drum brakes, whereas the top-end variant with disc brake and alloy wheels is priced at Rs 81,300 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Thoughts About Suzuki Access 125, Honda Activa 125 And TVS Jupiter 125
Being the newer model, the TVS Jupiter 125 scooter not only offers more features and storage space than the Honda Activa 125 but it is also priced a lot dearer as well. This makes the TVS Jupiter 125 a better option, at least on paper.