- 7 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Ola Electric topped the sales charts in the electric two-wheeler market which grew by 858 per cent Year-over-Year (Y-o-Y).
In total, 49,166 electric two-wheelers were sold in India last month compared to just 5,132 units in April 2021, an increase of 44,034 units. However, Month-over-Month (M-o-M) sales dropped marginally by 0.96 per cent (476 units) compared to March 2022, when 49,642 electric two-wheelers were sold across India.
|Rank||Brand||Apr-22||Apr-21||Growth (%) YoY|
1) Ola Electric - 12,698 units
As stated earlier, Ola Electric with its S1 Pro electric scooter was the sales topper in April 2022. Last month, Ola Electric sold a total of 12,698 electric scooters across India to claim the top spot on the sales charts. Ola Electric's M-o-M sales also grew by 38.93 per cent (3,558 units) compared to March 2022 when it sold 9,140 units.
2) Okinawa Autotech - 11,010 units
Okinawa Autotech was second on the list selling a total of 11,010 units in April 2022. This was an increase of 822.88 per cent (9,187 units) compared to the same period last year when Okinawa sold just 1,193 units. Okinawa's M-o-M sales also grew by 32.91 per cent compared to March 2022 when it sold 8,284 units.
3) Hero Electric - 6,576 units
In the third spot was Hero Electric which saw its Y-o-Y numbers rise by 922.71 per cent (5,933 units) to 6,576 units in April 2022. Over the same period last year, Hero Electric only sold 643 units. However, the M-o-M outlook is a lot less rosy as sales dropped by 49.53 per cent (6,453 units) compared to March 2022 when Hero Electric sold 13,029 units.
4) Ampere EV - 6,539 units
In fourth was Ampere EV by Greaves Electric with the manufacturer selling 6,539 units in April 2022. This is a Y-o-Y increase of 770.71 per cent (5,788 units) compared to the same period last year when Ampere sold just 751 electric two-wheelers. Ampere's M-o-M sales numbers rose by 3.12 per cent (198 units) compared to March 2022's sales figures of 6,341 units.
5) Ather Energy - 2,447 units
Claiming the fifth spot was Ather Energy. The Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer sold 2,447 units in April 2022, a Y-o-Y increase of 170.99 per cent (1,544 units). In April 2021, Ather sold only 903 electric scooters. M-o-M sales rose slightly by 9.53 per cent (213 units) compared to March 2022 when Ather sold 2,234 electric scooters across the country.
The Other 5
Taking sixth place was Pur EV which sold 1,756 units in April 2022. Pur EV Y-o-Y sales rose by 202 per cent (1,175 units) compared to the same period last year but dropped by 15 per cent (310 units) M-o-M compared to March 2022.
In seventh was TVS which sold 1,417 units in April 2022. TVS' electric two-wheeler sales rose by nearly 370 per cent (1,115 units) Y-o-Y but dropped by 37.55 per cent (852 units) M-o-M compared to March 2022.
Electric motorcycle manufacturer Revolt took the 8th spot selling a total of 1,239 units in April 2022. Revolt's Y-o-Y sales grew by nearly 798 per cent (1,101 units) compared to the same month in 2021, however, M-o-M sales dropped by just over 12 per cent (171 units) compared to March 2022.
Bajaj took the 9th spot in April 2022 with its electric two-wheeler division selling 1,239 units last month. Bajaj's Y-o-Y sales grew by 2,285 per cent compared to April 2021 while its M-o-M sales also rose by 35.55 per cent compared to March 2022.
In the tenth spot was Jitendra EV which sold 915 units a Y-o-Y growth of 2,441 per cent (879 units) compared to the same period last year. Jitendra EV's M-o-M sales though were down by 11.51 per cent (119 units) compared to its March 2022 numbers.
Thoughts On The Indian Electric Two-Wheeler Market
The Indian electric two-wheeler space continues to grow by leaps and bounds post the pandemic though monthly sales are slightly down compared to March 2022. Hopefully, with this growth, we'll see manufacturers concentrate on making their electric two-wheelers as safe as possible for those riding them.