- Finance Singer India Climbs 44% In 2 Sessions After RJ's Rare Investments Buys Stake
- Technology Infinix Hot 12 With 50MP AI Triple Cameras, 6,000 mAh Battery Launched: Starts From Rs. 9,499
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai LEAP: Akshara & Abhi To Part Ways; Akshara To Live With Dr Kunal!
- News Dalit boy’s killing: 12 Rajasthan Congress councillors quit
- Lifestyle Amitabh Bachchan's Voicenote To Raju Shrivastava: How Does The Sound Of Loved Ones Awaken A Comatose Brain?
- Sports Three Premier League clubs chasing Moises Caicedo
- Education SAMS Odisha +2 Admission Merit List 2022 Today, 3 pm, At samsodisha.gov.in; Know Details
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
India's electric scooter market has been growing from strength to strength despite some major fire incidents in the past few months. In May 2022, the Ola S1 Pro continued to lead the electric scooters segment with Okinawa's Praise Pro and the Ather 450 making up the rest of the podium.
Let's take a look at the top best-selling electric scooters from May 2022:
|Rank||Model||May-22||May-21||Growth (%) YoY|
|1||Ola S1 Pro||9,225||0||-|
|2||Okinawa Praise Pro||7,339||684||972.95|
1) Ola S1 Pro - 9,225 Units
The S1 Pro from Bangalore's Ola Electric continues to be the nation's best-selling electric scooter. In May 2022, Ola Electric sold 9,225 units of the S1 Pro electric scooter in India. However, Ola S1 Pro sales numbers were down compared to the previous month by 27.35 per cent (3,473 units). Ola had sold 12,698 units of the S1 Pro in April 2022.
2) Okinawa Praise Pro - 7,339 Units
Gurugram-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer Okinawa Autotech sold a total of 7,339 units of the Praise Pro electric scooter in May 2022. Sales of the Praise Pro rose by 972.95 per cent (6,555 units) compared to May 2021 when Okinawa sold only 684 units of the e-scooter. M-o-M sales of the Praise Pro were also up by just 1.99 per cent (143 units) compared to April 2022's 7,196 units.
3) Ather 450 - 3,667 Units
Bangalore-based e-scooter manufacturer Ather Energy sold 3,667 units of its 450 electric scooter in India last month. Sales of the Ather 450 lineup were up by an extraordinary 4,789.33 per cent (3,592 units) compared to last May when Ather sold only 75 electric scooters due to the second wave of the Covid 19 pandemic. However, M-o-M sales numbers were down by 2.96 per cent (112 units) compared to April 2022 when Ather sold 3,779 450 e-scooters.
4) TVS iQube - 2,637 Units
Chennai-based two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Company recently launched the 2022 update for the iQube in India, adding 2 new variants. Last month TVS sold 2,637 units of the iQube which was a 85.7 per cent (1,217 unit) increase over April 2022's sales figures of 1,420 units.
5) Bajaj Chetak - 2,544 Units
Rounding off this top 5 list is the Bajaj Chetak. Bajaj recently rolled off the first Chetak from the new dedicated state-of-the-art electric vehicle manufacturing facility in Akurdi, Maharashtra.
In May 2022, Bajaj sold 2,544 units of the Chetak which marked a stupendous increase of 8,106.45 per cent (2,513 units) compared to the same month last year when Bajaj only sold 31 units of the electric scooter. M-o-M sales of the Chetak were also up by 104.17 per cent (1,298 units) compared April 2022 when Bajaj sold 1,246 units of the electric scooter in India.
Thoughts On The Top 5 Best-Selling Electric Scooters
The Top 5 list of electric scooters sold in May 2022 sees a proper pecking order being established as Indians continue to move slowly towards e-scooters. Hopefully, this growth will continue to accelerate our nation's move towards a greener future.