- 16 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 21 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 23 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- Lifestyle How To Discipline Children Without Punishment
- News PM Modi in Rajasthan today to take part in birth anniversary celebrations of Lord Devnarayan
- Finance 'Sebi' Bans 19 Entities From Securities Mkt For Fraudulent Trading In Superior Finlease Shares
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
The India Bike Week 2022 turned out to be a more than pleasant surprise for motorcycle enthusiasts across the country.
Also, the event has always been a great platform for two-wheeler manufacturers to showcase their new motorcycles and scooters. As such, here are the top 5 crowd-pullers at the India Bike Week 2022.
The 822 Himalayan is probably the maddest motorcycle at the India Bike Week 2022. Though the motorcycle is the result of two custom motorcycle builders coming together to produce an icon of a motorcycle. In a nutshell, Autologue Design and Auto Engina together built a 822cc Himalayan motorcycle.
How? For starters, the 822 Himalayan uses a custom-built 822cc, parallel-twin engine. However, this engine is not a bored or stroked version of the 650cc, parallel-twin engine from the Interceptor 650. In fact, the mad engineers combined two Himalayan engines, and this custom unit produces 44.5hp of peak power and 55Nm of peak torque.
The 822 Himalayan motorcycle also uses a custom-built 2-to-1 exhaust, exhaust and lower half frame. According to Autologue Design, the 822 Himalayan cost somewhere around Rs 13 lakh to build. However, the team is currently working to reduce cost and slimming the frame of the 822 Himalayan.
KTM 890 Adventure
KTM motorcycles are well-known to create sharp and aggressive motorcycles, and the new 890 Adventure motorcycle doesn't disappoint at all. In fact, KTM 890 absolutely nailed the Adventure 890 motorcycle and attracted a lot of crowd at the India Bike Week 2022 held in Goa.
Powering the KTM 890 Adventure motorcycle is an 889cc, parallel-twin engine capable of producing 103bhp of peak power at 8,000rpm and 100Nm of peak torque at 6,500rpm. Moreover, this powertrain is paired to a slick-operating 6-speed gearbox.
BMW S 1000 RR
BMW Motorrad showcased the 2023 S 1000 RR motorcycle at the India Bike Week 2022 and turned out to be a huge attraction for the crowd. That being said, BMW Motorrad is now gearing up to launch the S 1000 RR in India, and the superbike is scheduled to be launched on December 10.
In terms of powertrain, the upgraded 999cc, inline, 4-cylinder engine in the upcoming 2023 BMW S 1000 RR is capable of churning out 206.5bhp of peak power at 13,750rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 11,000rpm. The additional 3bhp of power is courtesy of the revised intake geometry and intake funnels.
Other than that, the upcoming 2023 BMW S 1000 RR sports a 6-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch and bidirectional quick-shifter. Moreover, the upcoming German superbike also comes equipped with other advanced rider aids such as Brake Slide Assist, Slide Control Function, Cornering ABS, Traction Control (TC) and multiple ride modes.
Thoughts About The India Bike Week 2022
India Bike Week 2022 closed its curtains last Saturday after attracting motorcycle enthusiasts across the country to Goa to celebrate their love for motorcycling. That being said, the all three above-mentioned motorcycles have been the biggest crowd-pullers at the India Bike Week 2022.