- 10 hrs ago Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 18 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 20 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- News Janmashtami 2022: What Bhog you can offer to Lord Krishna as per your zodiac signs
- Sports Telugu Yoddhas, Gujarat Giants clinch second wins on the trot in Ultimate Kho Kho
- Finance Do Legal Heirs Need To Pay If The Borrower Dies With Loan Outstanding?
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Technology Oppo Reno 8 4G With Snapdragon 680 SoC Goes Official; Is It Coming To India Soon?
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Lifestyle Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Two-wheeler sales (retail) in India rose by 20.23 per cent to 11,19,096 units in June 2022 compared to the same period last year while Month-over-Month sales dropped by 8.5 per cent compared to May 2022.
Let's take a look at the top 10 bestselling two-wheeler brands from June 2022 as per retail sales data...
1) Hero - 3,83,165 Units
Hero Motocorp sold a total of 3,83,165 two-wheelers in India last month. Hero's sales numbers were in the red dropping 7.76 per cent Y-o-Y compared to June 2021 when it sold 4,15,395 units. M-o-M metrics were also down 16.57 per cent compared to May 2022's 4,59,245 units.
2) Honda - 2,85,691 Units
Honda sold 2,85,691 two-wheelers in June 2022. This was a growth of 45.18 per cent compared to the same month last year when it sold 1,96,785 units. Honda's M-o-M metrics were down by 2 per cent compared to May 2022 when it sold 2,91,535 units.
3) TVS - 1,66,412 Units
TVS was the third-best two-wheeler manufacturer in June 2022, selling 1,66,412 units. TVS's Y-o-Y numbers were up by 38.68 per cent compared to June 2021, when it sold 1,19,999 two-wheelers. M-o-M metrics were down by 1.89 per cent compared to May 2022's 1,69,621 units.
4) Bajaj - 1,00,094 Units
Bajaj sold a total of 1,00,094 two-wheelers last month. This was a drop of 6.5 per cent compared to June 2021, when Bajaj sold 1,07,055 units. M-o-M metrics were also down 18.68 per cent compared to May 2022's 1,23,083 units.
5) Suzuki - 50,099 Units
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer sold 50,099 two-wheelers in India last month. Y-o-Y sales were up by 99.04 per cent compared to June 2021 when Suzuki sold 25,170 two-wheelers. M-o-M sales were up by 18.44 per cent compared to May 2022 when Suzuki sold 42,300 units.
6) Yamaha - 44,475 Units
Yamaha sold a total of 44,475 motorcycles and scooters in June 2022. Y-o-Y sales were up by 98.47 per cent compared to June 2021, when Yamaha sold 22,409 units. Month-over-Month sales were down by 3.43 units compared to May 2022's 46,055 units.
7) Royal Enfield - 42,813 Units
Royal Enfield sold a total of 42,813 motorcycles in June 2022. Royal Enfield's Y-o-Y sales were up by 18.41 per cent compared to June 2021, when the marque sold 36,156 units. M-o-M sales were down by 6.26 per cent compared to May 2022's 45,671 units.
The Final 3
The final three in this list are electric two-wheeler manufacturers. Okinawa took the 8th spot with 6,980 units sold in June 2022. Okinawa's Y-o-Y sales numbers up by a huge 627.84 per cent compared to June 2021 while its M-o-M sales numbers were down 24.97 per cent when compared to May 2022's sales numbers.
Ampere took the 9th spot selling 6,540 units in June 2022. Ampere's Y-o-Y and M-o-M numbers were up by 2340.30 and 12.06 per cent respectively.
Hero Electric took the final spot on our list selling 6,503 units in Jun 2022. Hero Electric's Y-o-Y and M-o-M numbers were both in the black up by 441.92 and 128.18 per cent respectively.
Thoughts On June 2022's Two-Wheeler Sales
India's two-wheeler market grew by 20.23 per cent compared to June 2022 which shows that the recovery from the ravages of the pandemic is in full swing.