- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 9 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 23 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- Finance This Navratna PSU Stock Has Potential To Gain 60%, Buy For Target Price Of Rs 191: ICICI Securities
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
- Movies Prabhas' Rs 400-Crore Film Salaar To Clash With Hrithik Roshan's Fighter; Will The Latter Avoid Locking Horns?
- Sports Rishabh Pant has a slight edge over KL Rahul as future India Test captain, opines Aakash Chopra
- Technology Xiaomi’s New 32" Budget Smart TV Costs Rs. 16,999: Key Features, Specs & Competition
- News BJP top brass chairs meeting with party’s Bihar core group
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- Education 2022 NATA Phase 3 Result is announced; Know how to download your scorecard
Ola Electric recently launched its much-awaited MoveOS 2 to all its customers. Now, more than half of its customers have upgraded to MoveOS 2 since its launch.
Earlier, Ola Electric had invited more than 50,000 of its customers to its FutureFactory for celebrating the launch of MoveOS 2 and according to the start-up EV maker, the MoveOS 2 is touted to make the scooter much more efficient and adds a few new features.
In addition to that, Ola Electric claims that the MoveOS 2 fixes a few bugs in the previous software. Playing it safe, Ola Electric was quick to mention these bugs as "Isolated instances such as range drop, battery discharge and other minor areas".
Also, the latest MoveOS 2 update offers respective owners to remotely access vehicle metrics of their Ola electric scooter and also access the boot at the touch of a button. Other new features include Cruise Control, music playback, new advanced turn-by-turn navigation and a few more.
Coming to the range, the biggest claim with the MoveOS 2 is the added range, thanks to more efficient battery management. With this new update in place, Ola Electric claims a range of 165km per charge.
Earlier, the startup company had already announced that the company is planning to invest USD 100M in its Ola Futurefoundry over a period of the next five years. However, this unit will be based in Coventry, UK and not in India.
Moreover, this Ola FutureFoundry will work in sync with the design and engineering team based at the Ola Campus in Bangalore, India. Also, the Ola Futurefoundry in the UK will focus on vehicle R&D around new energy systems including cell technologies and is likely to employ more than 200 outstanding talents from all over the world.
Speaking about Ola Electric, the company launched its electric scooters in two variants. The base variant is the Ola S1 and the more premium variant is the Ola S1 Pro. However, both Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro look quite similar in their design and styling.
Though design of the Ola S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters are identical, under the skin both electric scooters carry a few minor differences.
Coming to the differences, the Ola S1 is powered by a smaller 2.98kWh battery pack, whereas the more premium Ola S1 Pro uses a larger 3.97kWh battery pack for added range. Thanks to this larger battery pack, the Ola S1 Pro can cover 181km on a single charge.
In addition to these, both the Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters come with a wide variety of features such as a sophisticated 7-inch digital instrument cluster, LED headlights, keyless app-based access, reverse mode, cloud connectivity, alloy wheels, disc brakes, telescopic front suspension, and many more.
Thoughts About Ola Electric MoveOS 2
Though in recent times Ola Electric had been in the limelight for various opinions, the company seems to bo the right track to becoming one of the biggest names in the EV sector and if the much-awaited update from Ola Electric if true, we expect a significant jump in real-world range thanks to its new Eco mode.