- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Republic Day parade 2022: 25 tableaux, 16 marching contingents, 17 military bands
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
KTM launches the 2022 250 Adventure in India at Rs 2.35 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new motorcycle features new colours and updated graphics. Bookings for the new 250 Adventure are open at all dealerships. Customers can also choose easy finance options offered by the brand with EMIs starting at Rs 6,300.
- Electronic Orange
- Factory Racing Blue
As mentioned earlier, the new paint schemes also feature redesigned graphics giving the ADV motorcycle a fresh look. Apart from these two cosmetic changes, the rest of the motorcycle remains the same as the previous Model Year.
Engine & Transmission
Powering the entry-level adventure motorcycle is the liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 248cc unit. This engine produces a maximum power of 29.6bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 24Nm at 7500rpm; paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip and assist clutch.
Suspension, Brakes & Frame
The 250 Adventure motorcycle continues to use steel-trellis frame, subframe, and alloy wheels borrowed from the 390 ADV. According to the company, the frame of the 250 ADV and the 390 ADV have drawn inspiration and technology from the brand KTM 450 Dakar Rally bikes.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a 43mm WP Apex front fork at the front with 170mm travel, and a WP Apex mono-shock setup at the rear, with 177mm travel and preload adjustment. This gives the motorcycle 200mm ground clearance to help tackle rough terrains.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via a 320mm single disc up-front and a 230mm unit at the rear. The 250 ADV gets dual-channel ABS with off-road mode, which temporarily turns off the ABS on the rear wheel allowing it to slide.
Wheels & Tyres
Speaking of sliding, the adventure motorcycle features a 19-inch alloy wheel shod with a 100/90 section tyre at the front and a 17-inch alloy wheel wrapped around a 130/80 section tyre. at the rear. Both tyres are of the MRF Mogrip Meteor FM2 make.
Design & Features
The design of the new 250 ADV remains the same and continues to draw its inspiration from its elder sibling, the 390 Adventure. This includes the 14.5-litre fuel tanks, adjustable windscreen, up-right rider ergonomics, large-cushioned seats for the rider and the pillion and LED lighting; among others.
The 250 Adventure also features a TFT display for the instrument console as well, which offers a ton of information to the rider include fuel efficiency, multiple trip meters, range and more.
KTM entered the Indian market back in 2012 and has grown its presence to over 365 cities and 460 stores across the country in 10 years. The brand has attracted over 3.1 lakh customers making India the largest market for KTM globally.
Commenting on the launch of the bike, Sumeet Narang, President (Probiking), Bajaj Auto Ltd. said, "The 2022 KTM 250 Adventure is the Travel-Enduro motorcycle that appeals to a wide spectrum of bikers across the country. Thanks to its well-thought travel and adventure-focused characteristics, the KTM 250 Adventure is an accessible motorcycle that offers an enjoyable riding experience for daily tarmac commutes and weekend off-road escapes. Combining top-spec components with the latest technology, the KTM 250 Adventure had set a benchmark in the rapidly growing Adventure segment in India."
Thoughts About The 2022 KTM 250 Adventure India Launch
The new KTM 250 Adventure continues to be a compact, powerful, and agile adventure motorcycle. However, with the new colour scheme and graphics, the bike now gets a fresh look and appeal. The 250 Adventure rivals the Royal Enfield Himalayan and the Hero Xpulse 200 in India.