- 2 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 3 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 5 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Micra Replacement Will Be Fully Electric
- Sports Pivotal middleweight matchup headlines UFC Vegas 47 on February 5
- News Bharat Biotech gets DGCI nod for intranasal Covid booster doses
- Finance Budget 2022: What Is WFH Allowance That Employees Are Expecting?
- Movies Here’s How Suriya Reacted When A Dance Choreographer Proposed Him During The Making Of Kaakha Kaakha!
- Technology Elon Musk Wants To Make Tesla Robots Bigger Business Than Its Cars
- Lifestyle Covid-19: Omicron Detected In 79% Samples Sequenced In January In Delhi, Delta Found In 13% Samples
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
Honda launches the BS6 CB300R in India at Rs 2.77 lakh, ex-showroom. Bookings are open from today for the new CB300R at Honda's exclusive premium BigWing & BigWing Topline dealerships across India.
- Matte Steel Black
- Pearl Spartan Red
Engine & Transmission
Powering the neo-sports cafe motorcycle is the liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 286cc engine. This engine produces a maximum power of 30.7bhp at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 27.5Nm at 7500rpm; paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip and assist clutch, which was a much-needed upgrade on the new motorcycle.
Suspension, Brakes & Frame
The rest of the mechanicals, design and features remains the same on the BS6 motorcycle. The CB300R continues to use a diamond-type frame for maximum rigidity and balance.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a 41mm Up-Side Down (USD) fork at the front and a seven-step adjustable mono-shock at the rear. This gives the motorcycle a ground clearance of 157mm with a rider seat height of 801mm.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via a 269mm single disc up-front and a 220mm unit at the rear supported by a dual-channel ABS along with an IMU sensor. This allows for uniform front to rear ABS braking, optimum body weight distribution and minimal rear lift due to sudden braking.
Wheels & Tyres
Speaking of sliding, the CB300R features 17-inch alloy wheels at both ends shod with a 110/70 section tyre at the front and a 150/60 section tyre at the rear.
Design & Features
As mentioned earlier, the design of the new CB300R remains the same as its BS4 counterpart. It continues to dawn the neo-sports cafe look along with round-shaped LED headlamps. Other designs & features include:
- A 9.7-litre fuel tank
- Up-right rider ergonomics
- Split seats
- LED taillamps
- LED turn-signal indicators
The motorcycle also features a full LCD multi-function instrument console, which offers a ton of information to the rider include a gear-position indicator, multiple trip meters, side stand cut off and more.
Mr Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Further reinstating our customers' trust & Honda's commitment towards them, the 2022 CB300R is finally here. Since its introduction, it has held high standards of engineering. With distinctive features and dynamic road presence, we are confident customers will be delighted with the new CB300R."
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Wait is finally over for the CB300R in its new 2022 avatar. A fun ride on city streets and lightest in its class, the new CB300R comes with Assist & Slipper clutch which reduces fatigue and Golden Upside Down Forks which offer to ride precision and enhanced sporty appeal. Overwhelmed by customers' response received on its unveiling at India Bike Week in December'21, we are thrilled to announce the bookings open today onwards."
Thoughts About The Honda CB300R BS6 India Launch
The Honda CB300R is back in the Indian market with subtle upgrades. However, now the competition in the market has become aggressive as other models in the segment have also received much-needed upgrades. This includes the KTM Duke 250, Bajaj Dominar 250, Bajaj Pulsar 250s and the upcoming Yezdi motorcycles.