- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology WhatsApp Working On New Feature To Transfer Chats From Android Phone To New iPhone
- News Weather Forecast for January 26: IMD predicts partly cloudy sky but no rain in Delhi on Republic Day 2022
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Honda 2Wheelers India ended 2021 on a high note with 2,23,621 units sales in December 2021. This number consists of 2,10,612 units of domestic sales and 13,009 units of exports.
Despite the chip shortage and pandemic related manufacturing and logistic difficulties, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Private Limited showed a strong overall sales performance in the year 2021 compared to the previous year.
Apart from that, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Private Limited also launched the all-new Honda CB200X motorcycle in India.
Further boosting the sales and attracting customers in 2021 was the launch of Repsol Honda Team Edition of Honda Grazia 125 and Premium edition of Honda Activa 125.
Making 2021 even more special for Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Private Limited are a list of milestones such as the Activa becoming the first scooter brand in India to reach 2.5 crore customers' mark and this milestone was conquered by Honda in just 20 years.
Moreover, Honda 2Wheelers India crossed the 5 crore cumulative sales milestone this year in the domestic market, out of which 2.5 crore customers were added in the last five years.
Honda also established its 'Overseas Business Vertical' with integrated Export-Import sales function of quality, development, purchase, manufacturing, homologation, and logistics. Along with this, Honda also strengthened its export business capabilities in the country.
For this, Honda 2Wheelers India started manufacturing global engines from its manufacturing plant at Vithalapur, Gujarat. The Japanese automobile giant also exported 5000 units of Honda NAVi CKD kits to Honda de Mexico from India.
Apart from this, Honda's premium motorcycle division added four new motorcycles to the Indian market, which includes the premium mid-size motorcycles such as CBR 650R, CB650R, CB500X and CB350RS.
Adding to the list of achievements in 2021, Honda delivered the 100th African Twin adventure motorcycle in Karnataka, and the Japanese brand has sold over 300 units of African Twin adventure motorcycles in India.
According to Honda, its customers can also experience the Silver Wings experience at 80 touchpoints across the country.
In 2021, Honda also launched their BigWing virtual showroom for a complete digital experience for its customer. Honda also launched the H'ness CB350 Anniversary Edition as part of the celebration of completing one year of H'ness CB350.
The Japanese automobile giant also said that it has reduced its dependency on non-renewable energy sources by harnessing more of wind and solar energy, and the company also inaugurated its 2nd wind turbine system in Bhanvad, Gujarat.
Thoughts About Honda 2Wheelers India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Private Limited can be credited for driving up the sales in the gearless scooter segment in India.
Thanks to Honda Activa's bullet-proof reliability, more and more customers in India shifted to the gearless experience offered by Honda. This made Honda a major player in the Indian two-wheeler market.
Now. fast-forwarding to 2021, Honda Activa became the first scooter in India to cross the 2.5 crore milestone and the company achieved a cumulative 5 crore sales milestone.