- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 1 day ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- News Now, Congress leader asks Modi govt to take back PoK
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Hero MotoCorp has finalised the deal with Zero Motorcycles to co-develop electric motorcycles. The deal which has been in the pipeline for quite some time now has finally come through and Hero MotoCorp will invest $60 million (Around Rs 488 crore) in Zero Motorcycles. This is the latest step that Hero MotoCorp has taken towards electric mobility.
Electric mobility is a big deal indeed and everyone in the automotive industry is working towards electric vehicles. several manufacturers have already launched electric vehicles while the rest are currently developing EVs. Hero MotoCorp is among the latter and is currently developing EVs.
Hero MotoCorp is the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world. It boasts a brilliant portfolio of commuter motorcycles, enthusiast motorcycles, and scooters. Hero MotoCorp might seem a little late to the EV party. However, the brand has been heavily investing in various EV firms across the world and that in turn will give them expertise unlike any other.
Hero MotoCorp has a stake in Ather Energy and Ather has quickly turned out to be the favourite premium electric scooter market. Hero MotoCorp has also partnered with Gogoro for battery swapping. In addition to this, the brand is all set to launch its new sub-brand called Vida.
Vida will launch its first electric scooter on 07 October 2022 and Hero MotoCorp has a big role to play in this as well. Needless to say, data from the Vida electric scooter launch will also be used in the development of Hero MotoCorp-branded electric two-wheelers. If the list of partnerships and investments weren't enough already, Hero MotoCorp has now invested in Zero Motorcycles.
Zero Motorcycles is an American electric motorcycle manufacturer founded by a former NASA engineer. It was formerly called Electricross and has produced models like the Zero S, SR, FXS, DS, DSR, FX, and SR. This is an exceptionally wide variety of electric motorcycles and the brand certainly has great experience in producing EVs.
Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles will co-develop electric motorcycles and Hero will also get access to some key technologies that Zero's electric motorcycles use. Needless to say, we can expect some good electric motorcycles to come out of this partnership.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles Partnership
The electric motorcycle market in India is pretty basic. If you are looking at purchasing an electric motorcycle in India, there are very few options, to begin with, and the motorcycles that are on sale in India are lackluster. With Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles co-developing electric motorcycles, we can finally expect some brilliant electric motorcycles to come our way.