- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Subhas Chandra Bose 125th birth anniversary: PM Modi to unveil hologram statue of iconic freedom fighter today
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Damon HyperFighter electric motorcycle launched at CES 2022. Canadian EV maker Damon Motorcycles has debuted its latest motorcycle at the ongoing CES consumer electronics show in Las Vegas and this is a blazing fast 273km/h naked electric motorcycle. It is based on the Damon HyperSport supersport that was revealed two years ago.
Electric vehicles are the future and everyone has to eventually get to driving/riding an EV. Much progress has been made in terms of technology, performance, and design when it comes to electric cars. However, the motorcycle world has comparatively seen very little progress.
Most electric motorcycles do not come anywhere close to their petrol-powered counterparts in terms of acceleration and top speed, not to mention that they are limited by their range as well. This, however, isn't the case with Damon Motorcycles.
At CES 2020, the Canadian EV maker revealed its HyperSport supersport electric motorcycle. With fabulous performance figures and a striking design coupled with usable range, the HyperSport made everyone realign their thoughts about electric motorcycles. It even won the CES 2020 Innovation Award at the expo.
Now, two years later, when the HyperSport is almost ready to hit the production line, Damon Motorcycles has revealed its next high-performance motorcycle. Called the HyperFighter, it is a streetfighter/naked motorcycle based on the Damon HyperSport.
It is available in three trims - Colossus, Unlimited 20, and Unlimited 15. Unlimited 15 is powered by a 15kW battery pack and a motor that produces around 150bhp. It has a claimed range of 193 kilometres and a top speed of around 241km/h. The Unlimited 15 trim comes with a price tag of $19,000 (Rs 14.12 lakh)
Unlimited 20 takes it a notch up with a 20kW battery pack that powers a 200bhp motor. It has a claimed range of 233 kilometres and a top speed of 273.5km/h. This then, is the next level of speed and performance when it comes to electric vehicles. It is priced at $25,000 (Rs 18.57 lakh). However, there is one more colossal variant that slots above the Unlimited 20.
Called the Colossus, it features the same drivetrain specs as the Unlimited 20. Along with the 273.5km/h top speed and 233 kilometres range, the Colossus gets several upgrades in terms of hardware. It rides on sporty wheels, features a single-sided swingarm, Brembo brakes, and Ohlins suspension. With all the additional hardware, the Colossus variant retails at $35,000 (Rs 26.01 lakh).
The HyperFighter is a naked, slightly toned-down version of the HyperSport. In its top trim, the HyperSport is capable of a top speed of 321km/h and boasts a range of 321 kilometres!
Since it is a naked motorcycle, it has to be cleverly designed keeping in mind that the battery pack will now be exposed. The designers at Damon Motorcycles certainly seem to have done a brilliant job at that. The HyperFIghter features a monocoque chassis design with the battery pack very well integrated into the design of the motorcycle.
It features an aggressive design with an abundance of sharp cuts and creases. It has already become an award-winning motorcycle as it clinched the Good Design Award at CES 2022.
Thoughts On Damon HyperFighter Electric Performance Motorcycle Being Launched At CES 2022
So far, Damon Motorcycles has done a brilliant job at proving all the electric motorcycle naysayers wrong. Both the HyperSport and the HyperFighter have everything you could ask for from a high-performance motorcycle. The drama, the aggressive design, the speed, and the electronics are all there.
Now, its time to wait for the Damon motorcycles to get out on the street and surprise most petrol-powered bikes. Will it make it to India? Definitely not in the foreseeable future as there isn't any market for such bikes in India, yet. In the distant future, there might just be.