- 2 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News AFSPA in parts of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland extended for 6 months from today
- Technology Sony Diwali Sale Offering Bumper Discounts on Bravia TVs, Soundbars, Headphones, More
- Finance UPI Transactions Up Over 3 Per Cent At 678 Crore in September
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Sports Thai GP: Marco Bezzecchi grabs surprise pole
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
BMW Motorrad has finally launched its much-awaited touring range of motorcycles in India. BMW Motorrad's new touring range of motorcycles consists of 4 motorcycles - The new BMW R 1250 RT, the new BMW K 1600 GTL, the new BMW K 1600 Bagger and the new BMW K 1600 Grand America.
According to BMW Motorrad, the deliveries of the new touring range of motorcycles are scheduled to commence from this month onwards for customers who had pre-booked these motorcycles from BMW Motorrad dealer networks across the country.
Mr Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "Each BMW Motorrad models tells its own story, and each promises the motorcyclist an individual and unforgettable recreational experience. As a high-performance, emotional, and exclusive riding experience, the new BMW Motorrad touring motorcycles embodies the motto of the 'Spirit of the Open Road'. It is synonymous with elegance, power, and luxury on two wheels. As an ultimate luxury touring motorcycle range, the new BMW R 1250 RT, the new BMW K 1600 GTL, the new BMW K 1600 Bagger and the new BMW K 1600 Grand America will redefine the luxury and exclusivity in the touring segment in India. The legendary 2-cylinder boxer and the unrivalled 6-cylinder engine performance, outstanding ride comfort and exclusive features ensures relaxed cruising on long highways that stretch out to the horizon and provide intense riding pleasure."
The new BMW R 1250 RT is the most affordable of the newly launched touring motorcycle range from BMW Motorrad. Prices for the BMW R 1250 RT motorcycle start from Rs 23.95 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
For 2022, the new BMW R 1250 RT looks much fresher and more dynamic with its aerodynamic advancements, new fairing and its powerful full LED headlamps. Moreover, BMW claims that it has enhanced the travel and touring qualities of the new 2022 BMW R 1250 RT and has set a bar in its segment with new innovations.
In addition to that, BMW R 1250 RT continues to use the legendary 2-cylinder boxer engine, which according to BMW ensures comfortable travel and dynamic propulsion. This powertrain also comes with the BMW ShiftCam technology which ensures power across the entire speed range and also improves fuel consumption figures.
In terms of engine specifications, the BMW R 1250 RT uses a 1254cc, 2-cylinder, boxer engine with 134.1bhp of power at 7,750 rpm and 143Nm of peak torque at 6,250 rpm. According to BMW, the new R 1250 RT motorcycle accelerates from 0 to 100km/hr in just 3.7 seconds and can achieve a top speed of 200km/hr.
In contrast, the new BMW K 1600 models are aimed at a completely different segment of customers who appreciate luxurious and high-performance riding experiences.
According to BMW, the new BMW K 1600 GTL is the sportiest of this range, whereas the new BMW K 1600 B offers a slightly more relaxed cruising with added luxury and comfort. Prices for the new BMW K 1600 GTL start from Rs 32.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the prices for the new BMW K 1600 B start from Rs 29.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
However, the most expensive motorcycle in this range is the BMW K 1600 Grand America, and it comes with a grand sticker price of Rs 33 lakh (ex-showroom, India). In terms of powertrain, the BMW K 1600 motorcycle range uses a 1,649cc, 6-cylinder, in-line engine. This engine produces 158.24bhp of peak power at 6,750 rpm and 180Nm of peak torque at 5,250 rpm.
BMW also offers various financial services through BMW India Financial Services. In addition to that, BMW Motorrad motorcycles come with a standard warranty for three years and unlimited kilometres for complete peace of mind.
Interested customers can extend the warranty to fourth and fifth year at an additional cost. Customers also get 24X7 Road Side Assistance as well.
Thoughts About New BMW Touring Range
The new BMW touring range offers premium touring motorcycles to a wide variety of customers with different riding preferences. Moreover, the standard three years and unlimited kilometres warranty truly adds peace of mind to its customers.