- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Triumph Tiger 1200 launched in India at a starting price of Rs 19.19 lakh. Triumph Motorcycles has launched its new flagship in the Indian market with prices between Rs 19.19 lakh and Rs 21.69 lakh, ex-showroom. It is an all-new motorcycle and is miles ahead of the older Tiger 1200 in many aspects.
The Triumph Tiger is one of the most successful ADV motorcycles of all time. Traditionally, Triumph developed only the Tiger 800 and the more powerful Tiger 1200 and their various trims. However, the Tiger brand has now grown by leaps and bounds, with many people wanting to own a Tiger. To make the brand more inclusive, Triumph has reworked the entire lineup in recent times.
Triumph introduced the Tiger 900 which replaced the Tiger 800. The Tiger 900 was brand-new and was way better than the Tiger 800 in every single aspect. While the Tiger 900 continued to receive lots of bookings, Triumph also launched the Tiger 660 Sport which is a mid-segment adventure-tourer.
However, the flagship Tiger 1200 was missing from the Indian lineup. The British motorcycle manufacturer did launch the new Tiger 1200 in several international markets, however, it was a pretty long wait for Indian motorcyclists to get the 1200. Now though, it is finally here.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Variants & Pricing
- Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer: Rs 20,69,000
- Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Pro: Rs 20,19,000
- Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Explorer: Rs 21,69,000
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Design & Style
The 2022 Triumph Tiger is sleeker and more chiseled than it earlier was. The bulkiness has reduced and yet it still does look muscular. Every bit of the design and styling aspect is new and it looks pretty fabulous. Up front is the LED headlamp with LED DRLs. The tank extensions, semi-fairing, and attractive graphics draw quite a bit of attention as well.
The upside-down fork adds to the design and so do the wheels. The GT models ride on alloy wheels while the Rally models feature spoked wheels. The wheels' sizes vary too. Both the GT and the Rally ride on 18-inch wheels at the rear. Up front though, the GT gets a 19-incher while the Rally gets the full-size 21-inch wheel.
The Rally features proper off-road biased dual-purpose tyres while the GT gets road-biased dual-purpose tyres. The three exhaust downpipes further add to the styling as well. Both models feature a large functional windscreen up front, which is adjustable too.
The Rally models get more protection for the engine in the form of a crash guard and a larger bashplate in case of an off-road spill. The raised exhaust system adds oodles of character to the new Triumph Tiger 1200. The Explorer trims feature larger 30 litre fuel tanks, which are 10 litres higher than the Pro trims.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Engine & Specifications
The 2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 is powered by a brand-new liquid-cooled, 1,160cc inline-three-cylinder engine. It produces 147bhp at 9,000rpm and 130Nm at 7,000rpm. Drive is sent to the rear wheel via a slipper clutch and a 6-speed gearbox. To increase robustness and durability, Triumph has made use of a shaft drive system rather than a chain drive system.
Suspension duties are handled by 49mm Showa upside-down forks up front and a Showa semi-active monoshock at the rear. On the GT models, the suspension travel is 200mm while the Rally models feature 20mm of extra travel. Two 320mm discs up front up Brembo Stylema calipers, and a single 282mm disc at the rear with Brembo single-piston caliper handle braking.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 Features
Being the flagship, the Triumph Tiger 1200 is one of the most advanced motorcycles produced by Triumph. This also means it is loaded to the gills with features including a comprehensive list of electronic riding aids. It gets cruise control, ABS, traction control, blind-spot radar system, lane-change assist, six ride modes, etc. Apart from this, it also gets a full-colour TFT screen for instrumentation.
The top-spec Explorer trims even get heated seats and handlebar grips, tyre pressure monitoring system, hill hold, etc.
Thoughts On 2022 Triumph Tiger Being Launched In India
The Triumph Tiger 1200 has always been one of the most desirable adventure motorcycles in the world. Its aspirational values shot up with the arrival of the new model. Now, we in India too have access to the new Triumph Tiger. The prices seem pretty steep, but buyers are getting an excellent motorcycle for the price.