- 10 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 15 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports If father would have been alive, he would be happiest: Mukesh on India call up
- News Braving rains, Rahul Gandhi addresses gathering in Mysuru; video goes viral
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Day 1 Live Updates: And So, On The Very First Day, #KhelGayeBiggBoss
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
On the 75th Independence Day of India, Ola Electric re-launched the Ola S1 electric scooter in the country at Rs 99,999. However, this price is just an introductory price and Ola Electric is likely to hike the prices within a few months.
So, if you are keen to buy the Ola S1 electric scooter, this is probably the time to fetch the best price. Speaking of which, the new Ola S1 electric scooter can be pre-booked for Rs 499 till the end of August 2022.
According to Ola Electric, the 'Early Access Purchase Window' for the Ola S1 electric scooter is scheduled to open on September 01, 2022. On the other hand, the standard purchase window has been scheduled to open on the very next day.
It is also worth mentioning that Ola Electric has rectified most of the production delays as the production has been increased to meet the demand. As a result, Ola Electric claims that the deliveries for the new Ola S1 electric scooters are scheduled to start from September 07, onwards.
Coming to the Ola S1, while the Indian EV maker had already launched the model in India, the deliveries of the Ola S1 Pro was prioritized initially. Moreover, customers who booked Ola S1 electric scooter were given the Ola S1 Pro electric scooters as well.
Fast forward to the 75th Independence Day of India, Ola has once again launched the Ola S1 electric scooter, but with a few invisible changes. This includes MoveOS 2 software from the factory floor itself.
Thanks to the new MoveOS 2, the Ola S1 electric scooter comes with an ARAI-certified range of 131km per full charge, In addition to that, the new Ola S1 electric scooter with MoveOS 2 can also achieve a higher top speed of around 95km/h.
In comparison, Ola Electric last year claimed that the S1 electric scooter can only do 121km on a full charge and the top speed was rated at just 90km/h - both of which are clearly lower than the current model with the MoveOS 2. In addition to that, Ola Electric also claims that the new Ola S1 electric scooter can do 128km in ECO mode, 101km in Normal Mode, and 90km in Sports mode.
It is remarkable to realise that such an improvement in the performance of the electric scooter was made with a simple software upgrade. Speaking of which, Ola Electric has claimed that the company is looking forward to launching the MoveOS 3 during the Diwali festive season.
Mechanically, the new Ola S1 remains similar to the model revealed last year with its 3kWh battery pack and 5.5kW electric motor (Rated power). Features-wise, the new Ola S1 gets all the features of the Ola S1 Pro except for the Cruise Control.
It is also worth mentioning that Ola Electric has tied up with multiple banks to facilitate loans for the Ola S1 electric scooter, and these banks provide exciting offers such as loan processing fee wavier, low EMI of Rs 2,999, and a few more.
Thoughts About The Ola S1 Electric Scooter
While the new Ola S1 remains mechanically identical to the model revealed last year, the updated MoveOS 2 has not added features, but it has also improved the overall efficiency and performance of the electric scooter by a considerable margin.
Thanks to the added performance, range, and features, the new Ola S1 seems to be a more than decent choice for many buyers in the country.