- 2 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- Technology Sony Diwali Sale Offering Bumper Discounts on Bravia TVs, Soundbars, Headphones, More
- Finance UPI Transactions Up Over 3 Per Cent At 678 Crore in September
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- News Prosecution’s story may be attractive but should be backed by evidence
- Sports Thai GP: Marco Bezzecchi grabs surprise pole
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
On the 75th Independence Day of India, Ola Electric re-launched the Ola S1 electric scooter in the country at Rs 99,999. However, this price is just an introductory price and Ola Electric is likely to hike the prices within a few months.
So, if you are keen to buy the Ola S1 electric scooter, this is probably the time to fetch the best price. Speaking of which, the new Ola S1 electric scooter can be pre-booked for Rs 499 till the end of August 2022.
According to Ola Electric, the 'Early Access Purchase Window' for the Ola S1 electric scooter is scheduled to open on September 01, 2022. On the other hand, the standard purchase window has been scheduled to open on the very next day.
It is also worth mentioning that Ola Electric has rectified most of the production delays as the production has been increased to meet the demand. As a result, Ola Electric claims that the deliveries for the new Ola S1 electric scooters are scheduled to start from September 07, onwards.
Coming to the Ola S1, while the Indian EV maker had already launched the model in India, the deliveries of the Ola S1 Pro was prioritized initially. Moreover, customers who booked Ola S1 electric scooter were given the Ola S1 Pro electric scooters as well.
Fast forward to the 75th Independence Day of India, Ola has once again launched the Ola S1 electric scooter, but with a few invisible changes. This includes MoveOS 2 software from the factory floor itself.
Thanks to the new MoveOS 2, the Ola S1 electric scooter comes with an ARAI-certified range of 131km per full charge, In addition to that, the new Ola S1 electric scooter with MoveOS 2 can also achieve a higher top speed of around 95km/h.
In comparison, Ola Electric last year claimed that the S1 electric scooter can only do 121km on a full charge and the top speed was rated at just 90km/h - both of which are clearly lower than the current model with the MoveOS 2. In addition to that, Ola Electric also claims that the new Ola S1 electric scooter can do 128km in ECO mode, 101km in Normal Mode, and 90km in Sports mode.
It is remarkable to realise that such an improvement in the performance of the electric scooter was made with a simple software upgrade. Speaking of which, Ola Electric has claimed that the company is looking forward to launching the MoveOS 3 during the Diwali festive season.
Mechanically, the new Ola S1 remains similar to the model revealed last year with its 3kWh battery pack and 5.5kW electric motor (Rated power). Features-wise, the new Ola S1 gets all the features of the Ola S1 Pro except for the Cruise Control.
It is also worth mentioning that Ola Electric has tied up with multiple banks to facilitate loans for the Ola S1 electric scooter, and these banks provide exciting offers such as loan processing fee wavier, low EMI of Rs 2,999, and a few more.
Thoughts About The Ola S1 Electric Scooter
While the new Ola S1 remains mechanically identical to the model revealed last year, the updated MoveOS 2 has not added features, but it has also improved the overall efficiency and performance of the electric scooter by a considerable margin.
Thanks to the added performance, range, and features, the new Ola S1 seems to be a more than decent choice for many buyers in the country.