- 1 day ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 1 day ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Technology DoT Unlikely To Purchase Stake In Any Telecom Operators: Here's Why
- News Heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh dampens 'Bharat Bandh'
- Movies Rubina Dilaik Pens Sweet Birthday Wish For Hubby Abhinav Shukla; Says ‘Happy Birthday My Sunshine’
- Finance Explained: How e-Mandate For Recurring Payments Will Impact You From October 1?
- Education World Tourism Day 2021: Know Significance And Interesting Facts About The Day
- Lifestyle Common Nutritional Deficiencies On A Vegan Diet
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs DC: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
Yulu launches the DEX electric two-wheeler for short mile delivery of food, grocery, and medicine business in India. In the first phase, the company will be launching up to 10,000 Yulu DEX across Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi.
Yulu DEX specifications:
- Range: 60km per charge
- Battery: Lithium-Ion
- Max Speed: 25 Kmph
- Driving License not required
- Luggage carrying capacity: 12kg
The Yulu DEX has been specifically designed to provide a smooth riding experience and a goods carrier. The electric two-wheeler is expected to reduce the operating costs of delivery executives by almost 35 to 40 per cent.
Additionally, the Yulu DEX will also help reduce the pollution caused by the petrol-driven two-wheelers which are currently being used by delivery executives.
The company will be using its extensive network of Yulu Zones and charging stations called the Yulu Max to provide seamless service with zero downtime. This helps businesses to increase their earning potential and improve their economic well-being.
According to the company, "The Yulu DEX provides a sustainable and affordable delivery option that addresses the key challenges faced by gig economy workers; rising fuel prices, inability to buy their vehicles, and lack of driving license."
Yulu will provide an affordable, scalable, and sustainable delivery option for delivery services companies, which helps them meet their Environmental, Social, and Governance goals. This will also help provide employment opportunities to over 85 per cent of gig economy workers, to acute the shortage of delivery executives.
Mr Amit Gupta, Co-Founder - Yulu Bike, said, "In addition to our leadership position in people-mobility, we are excited to expand our services to "short mile delivery" of goods as well. With the boom in the online-to-offline economy, the number of gig workers in India has increased, but the majority of them don't have Driving-License nor can they afford their vehicles. Yulu Dex, a high-quality purpose-built electric vehicle will empower these gig economy workers by providing an affordable and safe electric vehicle."
Thoughts About The Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery
Yulu launched the DEX electric two-wheeler for the last-mile delivery businesses in India. The electric two-wheeler features a load-carrying capacity of 12kg, which will enable the delivery person to carry multiple packages in one trip.