- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 17 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- 20 hrs ago Tata Safari Gold Edition Launched In India At Rs 21.89 Lakh: Two Variants, Leather Seats Available
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens Its Biggest Retail Showroom In Coimbatore; Third Ather Space In Tamilnadu
- Technology Airtel Launches Rewards123Plus Digital Savings Account; Here's How To Access
- Movies Vikram Vedha Remake: Saif Ali Khan Opens Up On Stepping Into Madhavan's Shoes
- Finance Top 5 International Gold Mining Companies Reduced Productions, Amid Pandemic
- News Pak had 3 pronged agenda in creating terror module that Delhi Police bust
- Sports Is Anil Kumble returning as India head coach? Ravi Shastri may not get extension after T20 World Cup
- Lifestyle Vitamin D May Protect Severe Covid Infection, Death: Study
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
- Education AFCAT Result 2021: Check IAF AFCAT Exam Result 2021 Link And Cut-off
Yulu launches the DEX electric two-wheeler for short mile delivery of food, grocery, and medicine business in India. In the first phase, the company will be launching up to 10,000 Yulu DEX across Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi.
Yulu DEX specifications:
- Range: 60km per charge
- Battery: Lithium-Ion
- Max Speed: 25 Kmph
- Driving License not required
- Luggage carrying capacity: 12kg
The Yulu DEX has been specifically designed to provide a smooth riding experience and a goods carrier. The electric two-wheeler is expected to reduce the operating costs of delivery executives by almost 35 to 40 per cent.
Additionally, the Yulu DEX will also help reduce the pollution caused by the petrol-driven two-wheelers which are currently being used by delivery executives.
The company will be using its extensive network of Yulu Zones and charging stations called the Yulu Max to provide seamless service with zero downtime. This helps businesses to increase their earning potential and improve their economic well-being.
According to the company, "The Yulu DEX provides a sustainable and affordable delivery option that addresses the key challenges faced by gig economy workers; rising fuel prices, inability to buy their vehicles, and lack of driving license."
Yulu will provide an affordable, scalable, and sustainable delivery option for delivery services companies, which helps them meet their Environmental, Social, and Governance goals. This will also help provide employment opportunities to over 85 per cent of gig economy workers, to acute the shortage of delivery executives.
Mr Amit Gupta, Co-Founder - Yulu Bike, said, "In addition to our leadership position in people-mobility, we are excited to expand our services to "short mile delivery" of goods as well. With the boom in the online-to-offline economy, the number of gig workers in India has increased, but the majority of them don't have Driving-License nor can they afford their vehicles. Yulu Dex, a high-quality purpose-built electric vehicle will empower these gig economy workers by providing an affordable and safe electric vehicle."
Thoughts About The Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery
Yulu launched the DEX electric two-wheeler for the last-mile delivery businesses in India. The electric two-wheeler features a load-carrying capacity of 12kg, which will enable the delivery person to carry multiple packages in one trip.