- 9 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 13 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The upcoming Yamaha YZF-R7 has been teased. Yamaha has released a video to tease its upcoming R series motorcycle and it has us motorcycle enthusiasts excited. This comes shortly after Yamaha trademarked the YZF-R7 name. The new teaser also confirms the rumours that Yamaha has been working on a replacement for the erstwhile YZF-R6.
Yamaha makes some of the best motorcycles in the world. More than any other type of motorcycles, Yamaha is known for its YZF-series. The Yamaha YZF series of motorcycles starts from the little 125cc YZF-R125 and includes the YZF-R15, YZF-R3. The pinnacle of the YZF series is the litre-class YZF-R1.
The YZF-R1 is one of the most-advanced motorcycles in the world and until last year, Yamaha also produced the Yamaha YZF-R6. The Yamaha R6 is a motorcycle revered among motorcycle enthusiasts. Its high-revving four-cylinder engine was an aural masterpiece and it could keep up with the litre-class motorcycles even though it slots into the 600cc segment.
Yamaha never sold the R6 in India, but it remained in production for the European market until 2020. Thanks to stringent Euro 5 emissions norms, Yamaha ended production of the R6 and continued to make the motorcycle in limited numbers for track use. Soon after production of the Yamaha R6 stopped, rumours of a replacement started going around.
The rumours suggested that Yamaha would develop a faired sports bike based on the MT-07. The Yamaha MT-07 is a potent motorcycle built on a capable platform. The same platform has been used to underpin the highly-respected Yamaha Tenere 700 ADV motorcycle. Hence, the rumours made perfect sense back then.
More recently however, Yamaha almost confirmed that the new faired motorcycle is based on the MT-07 when it trademarked the YZF-R7 moniker. Now Yamaha has released a teaser for the upcoming motorcycle.
The video is titled - "Track. Street. R/World." There are no design details of the motorcycle. The video doesn't even reveal the silhouette of the motorcycle but simply displays the POV of the rider. It first shows the motorcycle being ridden on a racetrack and then on some twisties in the mountains. This shows that the upcoming motorcycle has been honed for the racetrack as well as for the road.
Yamaha hasn't officially named it the YZF-R7, but there is little left to doubt if it is actually the R7 that has been teased. The Yamaha MT-07 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 689cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 73.4bhp and a peak torque output of 67Nm. Yamaha will certainly use this engine as a base but will make changes to the engine internals to produce more power.
The specs are not known at the moment, but we expect more details to surface in the coming months. In terms of design, the Yamaha YZF-R7 will follow the design language of the YZF-series and will look similar to the flagship YZF-R1. The launch date hasn't been revealed yet, but we expected it to be launched in the second half of 2021.
Thoughts On Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Being Revealed
The YZF-R6 is a motorcycle that simply can't be replaced. Its high-revving engine was a masterpiece. However, buyers have moved on from the 600cc segment. The new Yamaha YZF-R7 will compete with the likes of the Aprilia RS 660, Honda CBR650R, Kawasaki Ninja 650, etc.