- 11 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 12 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 13 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 14 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 10, Poco X3 Pro, Galaxy A12 And More
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
The upcoming Yamaha YZF-R7 has been teased. Yamaha has released a video to tease its upcoming R series motorcycle and it has us motorcycle enthusiasts excited. This comes shortly after Yamaha trademarked the YZF-R7 name. The new teaser also confirms the rumours that Yamaha has been working on a replacement for the erstwhile YZF-R6.
Yamaha makes some of the best motorcycles in the world. More than any other type of motorcycles, Yamaha is known for its YZF-series. The Yamaha YZF series of motorcycles starts from the little 125cc YZF-R125 and includes the YZF-R15, YZF-R3. The pinnacle of the YZF series is the litre-class YZF-R1.
The YZF-R1 is one of the most-advanced motorcycles in the world and until last year, Yamaha also produced the Yamaha YZF-R6. The Yamaha R6 is a motorcycle revered among motorcycle enthusiasts. Its high-revving four-cylinder engine was an aural masterpiece and it could keep up with the litre-class motorcycles even though it slots into the 600cc segment.
Yamaha never sold the R6 in India, but it remained in production for the European market until 2020. Thanks to stringent Euro 5 emissions norms, Yamaha ended production of the R6 and continued to make the motorcycle in limited numbers for track use. Soon after production of the Yamaha R6 stopped, rumours of a replacement started going around.
The rumours suggested that Yamaha would develop a faired sports bike based on the MT-07. The Yamaha MT-07 is a potent motorcycle built on a capable platform. The same platform has been used to underpin the highly-respected Yamaha Tenere 700 ADV motorcycle. Hence, the rumours made perfect sense back then.
More recently however, Yamaha almost confirmed that the new faired motorcycle is based on the MT-07 when it trademarked the YZF-R7 moniker. Now Yamaha has released a teaser for the upcoming motorcycle.
The video is titled - "Track. Street. R/World." There are no design details of the motorcycle. The video doesn't even reveal the silhouette of the motorcycle but simply displays the POV of the rider. It first shows the motorcycle being ridden on a racetrack and then on some twisties in the mountains. This shows that the upcoming motorcycle has been honed for the racetrack as well as for the road.
Yamaha hasn't officially named it the YZF-R7, but there is little left to doubt if it is actually the R7 that has been teased. The Yamaha MT-07 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 689cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 73.4bhp and a peak torque output of 67Nm. Yamaha will certainly use this engine as a base but will make changes to the engine internals to produce more power.
The specs are not known at the moment, but we expect more details to surface in the coming months. In terms of design, the Yamaha YZF-R7 will follow the design language of the YZF-series and will look similar to the flagship YZF-R1. The launch date hasn't been revealed yet, but we expected it to be launched in the second half of 2021.
Thoughts On Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Being Revealed
The YZF-R6 is a motorcycle that simply can't be replaced. Its high-revving engine was a masterpiece. However, buyers have moved on from the 600cc segment. The new Yamaha YZF-R7 will compete with the likes of the Aprilia RS 660, Honda CBR650R, Kawasaki Ninja 650, etc.