- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 13 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Samsung, Realme, Poco, And More Mobile Brands Discount Reveling Dates
- News Engaging with India over recognising Covidshield vaccine certificate: UK
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- Finance 2 Major Reasons Why Nifty Metal Sank 7% Today
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
Yamaha is looking to launch a couple of new models in India. However, the brand's popular middle-weight offering in the BS4 era, the YZF-R3 is yet to receive a BS6 update.
Recently, there have been spotting of a new Yamaha motorcycle that is undergoing testing in India. At first, there were reports of the test mule to be the RZF-R15 V4.
However, soon after upon close examination, the test mule looked to be a larger motorcycle and is speculated to be the BS6-iteration of the R3 motorcycle in India. The test mule featured a centrally-placed headlamp much like the recently launched YZF-R7.
The rear section of the test mule looks similar to the R3 BS4 motorcycle. It also seems to feature a more aggressive riding stance than the BS4 motorcycle as the test rider sits committed on the test mule.
Apart from the new design, the new R3 BS6 motorcycle if launched could feature a dual-channel ABS along with a six-axis IMU sensor. Much like the R7, the new R3 could miss out on features such as traction control or power modes.
Regarding the engine, the 2021 R3 could be powered by the same 321cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine that is updated to the BS6 emission norms.
The BS4 engine came paired to a six-speed gearbox producing a maximum of 41bhp at 10,750rpm and a peak torque of 29Nm at 9,000rpm.
Also, the old model featured a diamond frame resulting in a well-balanced motorcycle. The suspension duties were handled by a telescopic fork at the front and an adjustable mono-shock suspension unit at the rear.
Braking on the Yamaha R3 was done via a 298mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS. The BS6 motorcycle if launched could carry forward the same mechanicals.
Earlier this year, the brand launched the 2021 Yamaha R3 in Japan with updated paint schemes and the engine. The 2021 R3 also features a new fully digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider. However, for the Indian market, the company might give a facelift to the front fairing and fascia.
Thoughts About The Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon
Yamaha could bring back the YZF-R3 to the Indian market. The new motorcycle could come with an all-new design, updated engine and features. The R3 is known to be popular among enthusiast buyers in the country. The YZF-R3 rivals the like of the TVS Apache RR 310 and the KTM RC 390.