- 15 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Yamaha Aerox 155 maxi-scooter launched in India and with that Yamaha opens a completely new segment for scooters in the country.
The new Yamaha Aerox 155 was launched today along with the all-new Yamaha YZF R15 V4.0 and R15M.
The closest competitor for Yamaha Aerox 155 is the Aprilia SXR160. Even though both these scooters are classified as maxi-scooters, the Yamaha Aerox 155 is in a whole different league when it comes to powertrain.
Powering the Yamaha Aerox 155 is a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled petrol engine with fuel injection and VVA. This engine produces 15.1 Bhp of peak power at 8,000rpm, while the torque stands at 13.9Nm at 6,500rpm.
This power output is almost 4.3 Bhp more than its nearest competitor, the Aprilia SXR 160, which produces 10.7 Bhp and 11.6Nm from its single-cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 3 valve petrol engine.
Though the Yamaha Aerox 155 uses a Yamaha R15 sourced engine, it comes mated to a CVT gearbox for added convenience.
The Yamaha Aerox 155 comes with features such as Single Channel ABS, 14-inch wheels, a wide 140mm rear tyre, Bluetooth Enabled Yamaha Motorcycle Connect App, 5.8-inch LCD Instrument Cluster, LED headlights, LED taillights, external fuel lid, USB Charging Port, and a few more features.
Despite its sleek appearance, the Yamaha Aerox 155 is a spacious scooter with a 24.5-litre underseat storage capacity.
To put that into perspective, the Yamaha Cygnus Alpha has an underseat storage space of 21 litres, while the larger Suzuki Burgman Street 125 has an underseat storage space of 21.5 litres.
Apart from this, the new Yamaha Aerox 155 gets some cool features like maintenance recommendations, last parked location, fuel consumption, malfunction notification, and start & stop function. More features can be accessed via Yamaha Motorcycle Connect App.
Commenting on the launch of the new Yamaha Aerox 155 and Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0, Motofumi Shitara, Chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group of companies said, "Under the umbrella of ‘The Call of the Blue' Campaign, Yamaha has launched several exciting products in the Motorcycle and Scooter category. The Aerox 155 is an important addition to this line-up as it has been developed on the lines of Yamaha's R DNA. The Aerox 155 will provide a new and exciting riding experience with high performance, comfort & convenience to the Indian customers. I am confident that the Aerox 155 will be well accepted by our customers and it will create a new Maxi Sports Scooter segment in India."
The new Yamaha Aerox 155 is priced at Rs 1.29 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 is priced from Rs 1.69 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Yamaha Aerox 155
The launch of Yamaha Aerox 155 creates a whole new segment in India. Launching the Yamaha Aerox 155 alongside the Yamaha YZF-R15 V4.0 clearly shows us the Japanese brand's intention with this maxi-scooter in India.
With more than 15 Bhp available, the Yamaha Aerox 155 is Yamaha's way of saying "Why should ‘bikes' have all the fun".