- 5 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 6 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 7 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 9 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Gujarat-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, White Carbon Motors has launched its flagship GT5 model in the country. The White Carbon Motors GT5 retails at a starting price of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Ahmedabad).
The GT5 electric scooter is available in two variants with different battery options. The top-spec variant of the GT5 scooter is equipped with a 2.4 kWh battery pack and features a price tag of Rs 1.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Ahmedabad).
The company has already tied up with Kotak Mahindra Bank and IDFC bank to offer their customers easy finance and insurance options. The GT5 electric scooter sales are restricted to only a couple of cities across India. However, the company is looking to rapidly expand its presence to various states in the country.
The scooter is available in two colour options: Cosmic Black and Milkyway White. Additionally, the company also offers the GT5 electric scooter with an interchangeable head-cover panel.
Speaking about the design of the GT5, the electric scooter features a striking stance with an aggressive-looking front fascia. The funky-looking headlamp cluster includes LED projectors and LED DRLs integrated inside. The headlamp on the scooter is adaptive and changes accordingly to the ambient lighting.
The front apron of the scooter continues the funky design with air vents place on top of the headlamp cluster and a small carbon-fibre like trim piece placed at the bottom of the apron.
Looking from the side, the same carbon-fibre looking trim piece is placed on the rear panel of the scooter. Other design features of the scooter include a stepped single-piece seat and a raised footboard for improved ground clearance.
The scooter also features an oval-shaped LED taillamp along with LED strips for turn-signal indicators. Other features on the scooter also include side stand cutoff, USB mobile charging port, fully-digital instrument cluster and a couple of riding modes as well.
Moving to the GT5's mechanicals, the electric scooter is offered in two powertrain options. The 3kW Bosch BLDC rear-wheel hub-mounted electric motor is either paired to the 1.8kWh or 2.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
Both variants of the scooter can achieve 0 to 45kmph in under 8 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 50kmph. The lower-spec powertrain offers a maximum claimed riding range of 100 kilometres. While the top-spec powertrain offers a maximum claimed riding range of 150 kilometres on a single battery charge.
The GT5 scooter is offered with fast charging technology as well. The charge times for the scooter to reach from 0 to 100 per cent are rated between 3 to 4 hours. The GT5 is supplied with a smart charger with an auto cutoff function to safeguard the battery pack.
Suspension duties on the GT5 electric scooter are handled by a telescopic unit at the front and dual coil shock absorbers at the rear. Braking on the scooter is done via disc brake at both ends.
The scooter features 12-inch alloy wheels shod with 120/70 section tubeless tyres at either end. The White Carbon Motors GT5 tips the scale at 170kg (kerb).
Thoughts About The White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India
The White Carbon Motors GT5 promises a very good range of 150 kilometres on a single battery charge. This makes the scooter an ideal daily driver while choosing an electric scooter. The GT5 rivals the Ampere Magnus Pro, and the Hero Electric Photon HX; among others premium electric scooter sold in the Indian market.