- 10 hrs ago KTM Postpones Pro Experience Rides; Says ‘Park Your KTM’
- 11 hrs ago Next-Generation Suzuki Swift Rendered: Will Debut In 2022
- 11 hrs ago New Mahindra XUV500 To Re-Launch As Hyundai Creta Rival: Does This Mean The End Of Cheetah?
- 14 hrs ago Kia India Extends Free Service Period By Two Months Again Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- Technology Flipkart LG Days Sale: Discount Offer On LG W41 Pro, LG W31 Plus, LG Wing, LG G8X And More
- News WHO chief scientist warns against use of Ivermectin for COVID-19 treatment
- Sports Djokovic beats Fritz after Rome rain, Auger-Aliassime masters Schwartzman
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Fame Bhavya Gandhi's Father Passes Away Due To COVID-19
- Finance Moody's Joins Other Rating Agencies; Cuts FY22 GDP Forecast To 9.3 Per cent
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Issues '9 General Measures' To Boost COVID Immunity; Includes Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Oats Etc.
- Education Career As Petroleum Engineer: Check Courses And Job Opportunities
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
In the month of December 2020, Yamaha Motor India registered a new name for its FZ range of motorcycles that were sold in the country. The new name that had been registered by the company is called the 'FZ-X'. However, the upcoming motorcycle based on the current market trend could be an adventure-touring variant. The company might launch the motorcycle by the end of 2021 or early next year.
According to the latest report by Rushlane, the specification of the FZ-X has been leaked. According to the spec sheet, the motorcycle will measure 2020mm in length, 785mm in width and 1115mm in height. However, the wheelbase of 1330mm will be the same for both motorcycles (FZ-X & FZ-150).
Mechanically, the FZ-X will be Based on the FZ 150 and will be using the same 149cc engine. This is a SOHC unit and is capable of generating 12.2bhp of power at 7,250rpm and 13.3Nm of peak torque at 5,500rpm. The unit will be mated to a 5-speed, constant mesh transmission.
The FZ-X will continue to feature LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LCD display for the instrument cluster, single-channel ABS and more. The recently introduced Bluetooth connected technology is also expected to make its way on to the upcoming motorcycle as standard.
The suspension setup will remain the same with a telescopic fork at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear with adjustment for pre-load. Braking on the motorcycle is done via a 282mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear.
However, it also can be possible that the FZ-X could be another special edition of the standard motorcycle launching in the country. If it is a special edition model, the changes will again be restricted to only cosmetic upgrades.
Thoughts About The Yamaha FZ-X Specification Leaked
The Yamaha FZ-X will most likely be a new variant of the FZ standard model. Due to the increasing demand for affordable ADV motorcycles in the country, Yamaha could launch a new variant that looks like an ADV version of the FZ model.