- 18 min ago Jio-bp Launches First Mobility Station In India — Future Fuels & Charging Stations Are Here
- 43 min ago Enigma Automobiles Reveals Electric Cafe Racer — Bookings Open Now
- 3 hrs ago LEVC TX India Launch Soon — Iconic London Cab Set To Hit Indian Streets
- 3 hrs ago REVOS Introduces BOLT IoT-Enabled Charging Points In India
- Technology Huawei Watch Fit Mini Goes Official For Rs. 8,600; What Makes It Different From Watch Fit?
- Lifestyle 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- Movies Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi 3's Cheshta Talks About Her Bond With Shaheer; Says 'It’s Great To Be Around Him'
- Finance Zee Entertainment Cancels Its Board Meet For Tomorrow
- Sports Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman partnership resumes: Dravid applies for India coach; Laxman in line to be NCA chief
- News Covaxin may get approval within 24 hours: WHO official
- Education West Bengal Schools And Colleges To Reopen From November 16, Check Details
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
TVS launches the Raider 125cc motorcycle in India at Rs 77,500, ex-showroom (starting price). The new premium commuter motorcycle is offered in multiple variants with the top trim featuring the brand's SmartXConnect connected technology.
- Striking Red
- Blazing Blue
- Wicked Black
- Fiery Yellow
TVS has given the Raider a modern design and styling that appeals to the younger or GenZ buyers in the country. The front of the motorcycle features a disctictive headlamp setup that includes LED lighting and split LED DRLs. The rear of the motorcycle also features a split LED taillamp.
- 10-litre Dual-tone fuel tank
- Single-piece handlebar
- Dual-tone front mudguard
- Crash protectors
- Engine sump guard
- Up-swept exhaust
- Saree guard
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Halogen turn-signal indicators
Features & Technology
The Raider comes with a host of technologies considering it is a 125cc commuter motorcycle. TVS has nearly added all the features and convenience that one would need out of their urban commuter motorcycle.
The top-spec variant features a 5-inch TFT screen for the instrument cluster that features the brand's SmartXConnect connected technology. While the lower variant is offered with a negative LCD unit.
However, both units offer an ample amount of information to the rider. This includes:
- Multiple trip meters
- Gear position indicator
- Engine side-stand cut-off indicator
- Average fuel efficiency
- Fuel range
Over this, the TFT display connects to the smartphone via an application from TVS to provide more information such as:
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Voice assistance
- Call management
- Message notification alert
- High-speed alert
- Low fuel assistance
- Digital document storage
The TFT display also features an auto-brightness function along with day and night modes for ease of use.
Additionally, TVS has given a good amount of storage space under the pillion seat for the riders to secure their valuables.
Engine & Transmission
The TVS Raider is powered by an air/oil-cooled, single-cylinder 124.8cc engine paired to a five-speed gearbox. The engine also features a starter generator to enable a one-touch start and an idle stop/start system for enhanced fuel efficiency as well.
The motorcycle also features segment-first two ride modes: Eco & Sport, which can be changed on the go using the switchgear on the motorcycle.
- Max power: 11.2bhp @7500rpm
- Peak torque: 11.2Nm @6000rpm
- Fuel efficiency (claimed): 67kmpl
- Acceleration (0 to 60kmph): 5.9seconds
- Top-speed (Power mode): 99kmph
The company claims that in power mode, the top-speed is increased by 10 per cent over the Eco mode and is also quicker by 0.4 sec. However, switching to Eco mode will enable the Idle stop/start function and provides 3 per cent more fuel efficiency.
Suspension, Brakes, Tyres & Dimensions
- Front: 30mm telescopic fork
- Rear: Monoshock with 5-step pre-load adjust
- Front (disc variant): 240mm petal disc brake
- Rear: 130mm drum brake
Synchronized braking is offered as standard on the motorcycle.
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 17-inch alloys with 80/100 section tyre
- Rear: 17-inch alloys with 100/90 section tyre
TVS is offering the Eurogrip Remora tubeless tyres on the Raider.
- Wheelbase: 1326mm
- Seat height: 780mm
- Weight (kerb): 123kg
- Ground clearance: 180mm
The TVS Raider will rival the Bajaj Pulsar 125, Bajaj NS125, Honda SP125, Honda Shine, and Hero Glamour; among others in India.
Thoughts About The TVS Raider Launching In India
The TVS Raider is one of the most advanced 125cc motorcycles launching in India. The company has given the new 125cc motorcycle premium styling, features and modern technology to attract youth buyers in the country. We feel TVS have achieved their target with the TVS Raider.