- 6 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 7 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 8 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 9 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
TVS Motor Company has decided to contribute to the fight against COVID-19 in India. TVS Motor Company along with its sister companies under the Sundaram-Clayton group has pledged Rs 40 crore to help in the fight against the deadly pandemic. The company will be supplying oxygen concentrators, food packets, PE kits, medicines, etc, to those in need.
TVS Motor Company makes some of the best mainstream motorcycles and scooters in the country. The brand has also revolutionised racing in India with active participation in races for over three decades. Alongside this, TVS is very active in its social activities through Srinivasan Services Trust (SST) which is the social arm of TVS Motor Company.
TVS Motor Company will supply 2,000 oxygen concentrators to hospitals and health centres and over 20,000 food packets will be given to essential workers on a daily basis. In addition to this, TVS will also supply thousands of PPE kits, oximeters, sanitisers and other essential medicines to government hospitals and health care centres.
TVS currently has its manufacturing units in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh. These states will be assisted with the aforementioned supplies first. In addition to this, TVS Motor Company is providing face masks and food packets to workers at its plants and the communities surrounding it.
TVS has already dedicated two ambulances for villages around its plants at Mysore and Hosur. The company has already vaccinated all employees aged over 45-years and claims to be ramping up efforts to vaccinate those aged between 18 and 45-years. All of TVS employees' COVID-19-related medical expenses are covered by the company.
Thoughts On TVS Motor Company Providing Assistance During Second Wave Of COVID-19
While it is great to see TVS Motor Company stepping up to help, it isn't really a big surprise. TVS Motor Company has always been helpful in times of desperation. Even during the first wave of COVID-19 in 2020, the company had contributed around Rs 60 crore towards relief efforts. Now, it has once again stood up to the task of contributing towards the fight against COVID-19.