- 6 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- News India rains: 41% more rainfall from October 1-21 in country, Uttarakhand records 5 times higher rain: IMD
- Sports T20 World Cup: Bangladesh through to Super 12 with 84-run win over PNG
- Technology Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Movies Meet YouTuber Navneet Pathak Pandit, Young, Talented And Astounding Audiences
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
TVS gearing up for the launch of a new scooter on October 7th. Like the recently launched TVS Raider 125, we expect this scooter to be powered by a 125cc engine to expand the company's 125cc product portfolio.
Though TVS is keeping MOSAD-levels of secrecy regarding the new launch, we suspect the new launch to be the 125cc version of the TVS Jupiter.
One of the reasons is because it is the obvious choice for a company given the brand currently has just two 125cc products in its stable, while other brands have more offerings for their customers.
The other reason being the need to offer a family-centric scooter in the 125cc segment as the company's product portfolio is devoid of the same, while the competition is churning up sales in the same segment.
This leads to the rumour that the next launch from TVS Motors is likely to be the 125cc version of the TVS Jupiter.
Further adding fuel to this rumour in the automotive community is the 'Come experience the more' tagline used in the invitation of its upcoming two-wheeler launch. Where many believe that the word 'more' could indicate the possibility of adding more power and features to an existing model.
Apart from this, the teaser image released by TVS Motors seems to be what looks like a DRL that would fit perfectly on a scooter.
If the rumours are true, the TVS Jupiter 125 will compete against the likes of Honda Activa 125, Hero Maestro Edge 125, Yamaha Fascino 125 Fi, and the Suzuki Access 125.
Since the TVS NTorq 125 is now available in two states of tune, we expect the upcoming TVS Jupiter 125cc version to utilise the lower-powered version to suit its family-centric positioning.
This means the 124.8cc single-cylinder engine sourced from the TVS NTorq 125 will put almost similar power and torque figures at 9.1 bhp of power at 7,000rpm and 10.5Nm of torque at 5,500rpm.
Apart from that, potential buyers can also expect similar features as on TVS NTorq 125 such as a fully digital instrument display, silent start, Turn-By-Turn navigation assistance, mobile notification alert, Bluetooth connectivity, TVS Connect mobile App compatibility and a few more.
However, unlike the TVS NTorq 125, we expect TVS to tune the Fuel-Injection towards fuel economy rather than performance.
"The 125 cc segment has grown at over 20% CAGR in the last five years in the motorcycles category. We will aim to bring TVS' sharp position and exciting products to this segment. It is a future growth area, and it's a profitable segment as well", said Mr Sudarshan Velu, Joint Managing Director of TVS Motor Company.
Thoughts About Upcoming Scooter From TVS Motor Company
TVS Jupiter always ached for a more powerful 125cc powerplant. The standard 110cc Jupiter itself is a well-rounded package for anyone looking for a family-centric scooter.
If the rumours are true, then the 125cc version of the TVS Jupiter will be among one of the best scooters available in the country.