- 53 min ago Kia Motors Extends Free Service Period By Two Months Again Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki E-boost Name Trademarked For Its Electric/Hybrid Motorcycles
- 3 hrs ago Harley Davidson Bikes Offers & Discounts Announced: Massive Benefits Available With A Catch!
- 4 hrs ago Bangalore Police Seizes 3,000+ Vehicles On May 10: Day One of Lockdown In Karnataka
- News Delhi HC orders breath analyser tests for pilots, cabin crew amid COVID pandemic
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu & Team To Drop The Film’s Teaser On Krishna Ghattamaneni’s Birthday?
- Sports Hardik Pandya and Shikhar Dhawan in contention for India captaincy on Sri Lanka tour
- Lifestyle Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Maria Sharapova’s 6 Really Simple Outfit Looks That Will Leave You Inspired
- Technology Realme Narzo 30 Confirmed To Pack 5,000mAh Battery With 30W Fast Charging
- Finance Latest Crypto News: Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum Prices After A rally
- Education Career As Petroleum Engineer: Check Courses And Job Opportunities
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
TVS Motor Company has increased the prices for the Apache RTR 200 4V and the RTR 160 4V motorcycles. The prices have been increased across all variants of both motorcycles. Both motorcycles have received the price increased for the second time this year.
Starting with the younger sibling, the Apache RTR 160 4V is available in two variants: Disc & Drum. Both variants of the Apache RTR 160 4V have received the same negligible price hike of Rs 45.
After the price hike, the drum and disc variants of the Apache RTR 160 4V costs Rs 1,07,315 and Rs 1,10,365, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Moving to the newly updated 2021 Apache RTR 200 4V is also available in two variants. The single-channel ABS and the dual-channel ABS models have received the same price increase of Rs 1,295.
The Apache RTR 200 4V now retails at a starting price of Rs 1,29,315. While the top-spec dual-channel variant of the motorcycle now costs Rs 1,34,365. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS has not made any official announcement about the price increase. However, we suspect the reason to be the same as provided by other automakers who have also increased the prices of their products.
Auto Manufacturers are stating that they have increased the prices of their products due to the rise in input costs of manufacturing. This includes the constantly increasing cost of steel, aluminium, and plastics. Additionally, the Covid-19 pandemic is still very much present in India, which could also pose some challenges to brands in the production of vehicles.
Both motorcycles were recently updated to the 2021 MY. Starting with the Apache RTR 160 4V, it received a retuned engine with enhanced power output. The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V uses the same single-cylinder oil-cooled 159.7cc unit.
However, the engine now produces 17.5bhp at 9250rpm and 14.73Nm of peak torque at 7250rpm — 1.5bhp and 0.6Nm more than on its previous 2020 model. The engine comes mated to the same five-speed gearbox. There were some other cosmetic changes made to the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V. This includes new LED headlamps, dual-tone seat and more.
Moving to the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, the changes were rather substantial. It became the first motorcycle in the segment to be offered with ride modes, adjustable suspension and the brand's latest form of connected technology.
It continued to use the same single-cylinder oil-cooled 197.7cc engine mated to the same five-speed gearbox. However, depending on the ride mode, the engine now produces different power figures along with the varying responsiveness of the ABS — here is our detailed review of the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year
The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and the 200 4V is among the popular models in the brand's line-up. The prices hiked received by both motorcycle is marginal. The Apache RTR 200 4V is the most advanced motorcycle in its segment. It is offered with a host of features that can adapt to most riders.