- 12 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 13 hrs ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 14 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- News Motive behind killing of Parihar brothers in Kishtwar aimed at reviving terror in Chenab Valley
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Archer Atanu Das moves into Men's Individual 1/16 Eliminator
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offers On Motorola G40 Fusion, G60, E7 Power, Motorola Razr, And More
- Movies Mohanlal To Shed 15 Kilos For His Sports Movie, Confirms Director Priyadarshan
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
TVS Motor Company has increased the prices for the Apache RTR 200 4V and the RTR 160 4V motorcycles. The prices have been increased across all variants of both motorcycles. Both motorcycles have received the price increased for the second time this year.
Starting with the younger sibling, the Apache RTR 160 4V is available in two variants: Disc & Drum. Both variants of the Apache RTR 160 4V have received the same negligible price hike of Rs 45.
After the price hike, the drum and disc variants of the Apache RTR 160 4V costs Rs 1,07,315 and Rs 1,10,365, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Moving to the newly updated 2021 Apache RTR 200 4V is also available in two variants. The single-channel ABS and the dual-channel ABS models have received the same price increase of Rs 1,295.
The Apache RTR 200 4V now retails at a starting price of Rs 1,29,315. While the top-spec dual-channel variant of the motorcycle now costs Rs 1,34,365. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS has not made any official announcement about the price increase. However, we suspect the reason to be the same as provided by other automakers who have also increased the prices of their products.
Auto Manufacturers are stating that they have increased the prices of their products due to the rise in input costs of manufacturing. This includes the constantly increasing cost of steel, aluminium, and plastics. Additionally, the Covid-19 pandemic is still very much present in India, which could also pose some challenges to brands in the production of vehicles.
Both motorcycles were recently updated to the 2021 MY. Starting with the Apache RTR 160 4V, it received a retuned engine with enhanced power output. The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V uses the same single-cylinder oil-cooled 159.7cc unit.
However, the engine now produces 17.5bhp at 9250rpm and 14.73Nm of peak torque at 7250rpm — 1.5bhp and 0.6Nm more than on its previous 2020 model. The engine comes mated to the same five-speed gearbox. There were some other cosmetic changes made to the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V. This includes new LED headlamps, dual-tone seat and more.
Moving to the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, the changes were rather substantial. It became the first motorcycle in the segment to be offered with ride modes, adjustable suspension and the brand's latest form of connected technology.
It continued to use the same single-cylinder oil-cooled 197.7cc engine mated to the same five-speed gearbox. However, depending on the ride mode, the engine now produces different power figures along with the varying responsiveness of the ABS — here is our detailed review of the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year
The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and the 200 4V is among the popular models in the brand's line-up. The prices hiked received by both motorcycle is marginal. The Apache RTR 200 4V is the most advanced motorcycle in its segment. It is offered with a host of features that can adapt to most riders.