- 1 hr ago Ola Electric Scooter Official Images Released: India Launch Slated For June 2021
- 1 day ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- Finance Oil Related Stocks Close To 52-Week High As Crude Surges Past $70/ bl Levels
- Movies Virat Kohli Pens A Heartwarming Note For Wife Anushka Sharma And Baby Vamika On Women's Day
- News Bengal Polls: TMC's Habibpur candidate Sarla Murmu to join BJP today
- Sports ICC expands women's cricket, announces new T20 Champions Cup, four T20 World Cups
- Technology Week 10, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Galaxy XCover 5, Gionee Max Pro, Redmi Note 10 5G And More
- Education Bihar CHO Result 2021 Declared, Check Candidates List For Document Verification
- Lifestyle Unmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear On Women's Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Suzuki Motorcycles India has been testing its first electric scooter for the Indian market. This electric scooter is based on the brand's popular maxi-scooter offering, the Burgman Street. The Burgman electric scooter has been spotted testing earlier also and could launch sometime later this year.
However, according to the images posted by Motorbeam, the Burgman Street electric has been spotted testing yet again on the streets of Delhi. The Burgman electric scooter was spied without any camouflage and is seen carrying the same styling as its IC-engine powered version.
However, there are a few differences which help differentiate between the standard IC scooter and the electric version. First up is the dual-tone paint scheme, which the regular Burgman does not get. The new electric Burgman scooter can be seen with blue highlights on the lower parts of the side panel and near the front handlebars.
Apart from this, another difference is the obvious absence of the exhaust pipe, since this is an electric scooter. The scooter also comes with a dual shock absorber now, to be able to handle the extra weight from the lithium-ion battery packs. Apart from the above-mentioned differences, the prototype version of the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter seems to carry forward all the features and elements from the standard IC model.
The Burgman electric scooter will feature LED headlamps, the LED tail lights, the full-digital instrument cluster which will be offered with smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth. The scooter will also feature the same set of tubeless tyres, but could get a different set of alloy wheels.
However, the powertrain on the electric scooter is still unknown. We do expect the Suzuki Burgman electric to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor, the company is yet to confirm the power ratings. The scooter is expected to deliver a range of around 90km on a single charge with a top speed of 80km/h. The new Burgman electric is expected to charge its battery up in around 3 to 4 hours.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter
The Suzuki Burgman electric scooter is expected to be the brand's first EV offering for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Burgman electric scooter will go up against the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X.