- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 19 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Regret not learning Tamil': PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat
- Sports Rumour Has It: Gerrard lined up for Liverpool return as Klopp exit looms
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Suzuki Motorcycles India has been testing its first electric scooter for the Indian market. This electric scooter is based on the brand's popular maxi-scooter offering, the Burgman Street. The Burgman electric scooter has been spotted testing earlier also and could launch sometime later this year.
However, according to the images posted by Motorbeam, the Burgman Street electric has been spotted testing yet again on the streets of Delhi. The Burgman electric scooter was spied without any camouflage and is seen carrying the same styling as its IC-engine powered version.
However, there are a few differences which help differentiate between the standard IC scooter and the electric version. First up is the dual-tone paint scheme, which the regular Burgman does not get. The new electric Burgman scooter can be seen with blue highlights on the lower parts of the side panel and near the front handlebars.
Apart from this, another difference is the obvious absence of the exhaust pipe, since this is an electric scooter. The scooter also comes with a dual shock absorber now, to be able to handle the extra weight from the lithium-ion battery packs. Apart from the above-mentioned differences, the prototype version of the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter seems to carry forward all the features and elements from the standard IC model.
The Burgman electric scooter will feature LED headlamps, the LED tail lights, the full-digital instrument cluster which will be offered with smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth. The scooter will also feature the same set of tubeless tyres, but could get a different set of alloy wheels.
However, the powertrain on the electric scooter is still unknown. We do expect the Suzuki Burgman electric to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor, the company is yet to confirm the power ratings. The scooter is expected to deliver a range of around 90km on a single charge with a top speed of 80km/h. The new Burgman electric is expected to charge its battery up in around 3 to 4 hours.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter
The Suzuki Burgman electric scooter is expected to be the brand's first EV offering for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Burgman electric scooter will go up against the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X.