- Technology Get Massive Discount On OnePlus 9, 9 Pro In India
- Finance Stocks To Buy For Solid Gains In The Short Term As New Omicron Covid Variant Enters India
- Movies Inside Edge Season 3 Web Series Review: The 'Edge' Is Missing, But Interesting Nevertheless
- News I was jailed for not joining BJP: Karnataka Congress chief DK Shivakumar
- Sports Masuaku topples Blues while Rangnick makes history – the Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- Education DSE Odisha Provisional Selection List 2021 Released For 6720 TGT And Telugu Teachers Posts, Check Details
- Lifestyle Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Suzuki Motorcycles are said to be working on introducing their first electric vehicle in the Indian market. The new EV from Suzuki will come in the form of an electric scooter, which is said to be based on the brand's premium Burgman Street 125 offering.
The new Suzuki Burgman electric scooter has been spotted testing on multiple occasions. Now, ahead of its launch this year, the Burgman-based electric scooter from Suzuki has been spied undergoing testing yet again by Rushlane; this time revealing more details and a closer look at the upcoming model.
As seen from the spy pics, the new Suzuki electric scooter looks identical to its IC engine-powered version. The electric scooter carries forward the same design and styling. It also has all the same features as well, including the LED headlamps, turn indicators, large windscreen, rearview mirror, taillamps and grab rails.
While the design and styling have been retained, the Burgman electric scooter can now be seen with a dual-tone White/Blue paint scheme. We expect Suzuki to offer a number of other different colour schemes with the electric scooter, which should help it differentiate from the standard IC-engine powered model.
Being an EV, the Suzuki Burgman e-scooter also misses out on an exhaust. The company has also relocated the rear swingarm to the left side, which allows the motor to be mounted on the right.
The Burgman electric scooter will also carry forward the fully-digital instrument cluster, offered with smartphone pairing via Bluetooth. This connected tech offers riders additional information such as turn-by-turn navigation, call and message alerts, speed warnings and others.
Suzuki is yet to reveal the electric powertrain which will be powering the upcoming Burgman e-scooter. However, we can expect it to be on the same level as its rivals, offering a 3 - 4kWh lithium-ion battery pack with around 90km of range on a single charge. Suzuki could also offer fast-charging technology, allowing for a complete 0 - 100 per cent charging in around 4 - 5 hours.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing
Suzuki will be the third mainstream brand, after TVS and Bajaj to introduce an electric scooter in the Indian market. Once launched later this year, the new Suzuki electric scooter will take on the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube electric and even the Ather 450X.