- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Finance TDS On FD: Why It Is The Right Time To Submit Form 15G/15H?
- Lifestyle Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- News 10 states account for 82% of COVID-19 cases
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Upcoming Indian two-wheeler EV manufacturer, Simple Energy, has moved its first product offering to the testing phase in the country. The upcoming electric scooter was spotted testing on a race track.
The EV maker has also decided on a manufacturing facility in Bangalore located in Whitefield. The facility will start to function with a maximum production capacity of 50,000 units annually. The state-of-the-art facility will also be used to produce further products in the brand's pipeline.
The company is working on an innovative product that features a unique powertrain paired with software, which according to the company will make the upcoming scooter the smartest product. They also state that the new technology will be the base for developing the upcoming products in the pipeline.
Speaking about the name of the upcoming electric scooter, Mr Suhas Rajkumar, Founder, and CEO of Simple Energy said, "The name Mark 2 came subsequently after the prototype was called Mark 1. The final name of the product shall be different."
As per the product specs revealed, the Mark 2 will have a 4.8 kWh lithium-ion battery. The scooter will feature a maximum claimed range of 240 kilometres in eco mode on a single battery charge.
The upcoming scooter can accelerate from 0 to 50kmph in 3.6 seconds and feature a top speed of 100kmph. This could make it the fastest electric scooter sold in the country taking the title away from Ather 450x's top-speed of 85kmph.
Other key features a mid-drive motor along with a removable battery and futuristic design. It also comes with smart features like a touch screen, on-board navigation, Bluetooth, etc. According to the company, the e-scooter will have the largest boot space that the Indian EV industry has ever seen. It will also be built in India from the scratch.
Simple Energy states that it has shifted its complete focus on developing a world-class product. This is because many investors are looking to support the race to the evolution of sustainable solutions majorly in the space of mobility. The company is looking to launch their highly-anticipated flagship product this year. The launch dates of the upcoming scooter will be revealed soon.
Suhas further added, "We believe the product should be the key for people to transit from a normal scooter to EV than building large factories that is something which will follow. Customers need a product that is revolutionary in all sense and at the same time value for money which is our priority."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The electric scooter from Simple Energy promises a range of 240 kilometres on a single battery charge. This would make it the longest riding range electric scooter offering in the country. Once launched, the Simple Energy's scooter will rival the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak and the TVS iQube in the Indian market.