- 5 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 6 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 8 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 9 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Bangalore-based electric scooter manufacturer, Simple Energy is all set to launch its product to the Indian market. The company will be launching its flagship long-range electric scooter code-named Mark2 on August 15, 2021.
The company has chosen Indian Independence Day to mark this momentous occasion. According to the statement issued by Simple Energy, the upcoming electric scooter could be offered in a couple of variants.
The Mark-2 electric scooter will be priced between Rs 1.1 lakh and Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom. The company has announced that the electric scooter will be launched in Bangalore and will expand to Chennai Hyderbad and other South Indian cities in the country.
The new scooter is based on the brand's prototype Mark1 scooter developed last year. However, the company now is all set to release the production version of the scooter in the country in August.
As per the product specs revealed, the Mark 2 will have a 4.8 kWh lithium-ion battery. The scooter will feature a maximum claimed range of 240 kilometres in eco mode on a single battery charge.
The upcoming scooter can accelerate from 0 to 50kmph in 3.6 seconds and feature a top speed of 100kmph. This could make it the fastest electric scooter sold in the country taking the title away from Ather 450x's top speed of 85kmph.
Other key features a mid-drive motor along with a removable battery and futuristic design. It also comes with smart features like a touch screen, onboard navigation, Bluetooth, etc. According to the company, the e-scooter will have the largest boot space that the Indian EV industry has ever seen.
The company has also announced that the scooter is built in India from the scratch. Simple Energy's R&D centre and manufacturing facility are located in Bangalore. The production facility in Whitefield, Bangalore will start to function with a maximum production capacity of 50,000 units annually. The state-of-the-art facility will also be used to produce further products in the brand's pipeline.
The company is working on an innovative product that features a unique powertrain paired with software, which according to the company will make the upcoming scooter the smartest product. They also state that the new technology will be the base for developing the upcoming products in the pipeline.
Simple Energy is looking to raise Series A funding of $15 mn in the third quarter of this year and has released the vehicle testing images. The startup is also looking to deploy charging stations in Bangalore before the launch.
Speaking on this announcement, Mr Suhas Rajkumar, Founder, and CEO of Simple Energy said, "We are thrilled to be announcing the launch date. 15th August is a significant milestone for the nation, Simple Energy aims at creating history with a world-class product made by an Indian Company. Due to the ongoing second wave of COVID-19, we have chosen this date by hoping that the situation would get better. We look forward to the remarkable journey ahead."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter India Launch On August 15
Simple Energy is all set to enter India's most competitive automotive segment. The upcoming electric scooter from Simple Energy promises a brilliant range for a single battery charge. Once launched, the new electric scooter will rival the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak and the TVS iQube premium electric scooter sold in the Indian market.