- 2 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 1 day ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- Finance Infosys Share Buyback: Stock Hit New High As Share Buyback To Start From Friday
- Lifestyle Newly Wed Yami Gautam Looks ‘Simply Happy’ In Her Beautiful Printed Maxi Dress; Know It’s Price Inside!
- Technology Vi Launches Rs. 447 Prepaid Plan: How Does It Fair Against Reliance Jio And Airtel Non-FUP Plans
- Movies Radhe Shyam: Here’s How Much Makers Of Prabhas Starrer Have Spent For Over 26 Humongous Sets!
- News Now reported in 85 countries, delta variant expected to become dominant lineage
- Sports WTC Final: Taylor, Southee and retiring Watling rejoice after World Test Championship win
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has hit the country really hard. Businesses are either running low on staff or have shut down. Due to this crisis, along with other manufacturers like Hero, Honda, and Yamaha, Royal Enfield has also taken a similar step by putting the production on a temporary hold.
The company has halted all operations across its facilities in Chennai from today (13 May) to 16 May 2021. Royal Enfield has plants set up in Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal areas around Chennai. However, during the temporary production halt, the company will carry out maintenance activities across its facilities. As for the employees working in its corporate offices located in Chennai and Gurgaon, they will continue to work from home.
Royal Enfield is also working on a new classic-roadster motorcycle. This new motorcycle from RE could be codenamed, the Hunter. It is expected to be placed in the brand's 350cc segment. Most of its features and mechanicals are expected to be shared from the brand's new J-platform motorcycle, the Meteor 350.
Mechanically, the Hunter is expected to be powered by the same engine as the Meteor 350. It will be the new SOHC 349cc single-cylinder air-oil cooled SOHC engine that will produce 20.2bhp of power at 6100rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 4000rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. With the new engine, the motorcycle is expected to carry impressive levels of refinement.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle seem to be handled by a conventional telescopic fork with gator covers at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be the same as seen on the new Meteor cruiser motorcycle. It is also expected to be offered with a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Halting Its Production Due To The Covid-19 Pandemic
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country is increasing at a rapid pace. As a result, automakers have decided to curb the spread by announcing non-production days in the country. However, Royal Enfield has done a good job by temporarily halting the production line.