- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Monsoon advances into parts of Haryana, Punjab ahead of schedule
- Sports Mankad among 10 ICC Hall of Fame special inductees ahead of WTC final
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has hit the country really hard. Businesses are either running low on staff or have shut down. Due to this crisis, along with other manufacturers like Hero, Honda, and Yamaha, Royal Enfield has also taken a similar step by putting the production on a temporary hold.
The company has halted all operations across its facilities in Chennai from today (13 May) to 16 May 2021. Royal Enfield has plants set up in Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal areas around Chennai. However, during the temporary production halt, the company will carry out maintenance activities across its facilities. As for the employees working in its corporate offices located in Chennai and Gurgaon, they will continue to work from home.
Royal Enfield is also working on a new classic-roadster motorcycle. This new motorcycle from RE could be codenamed, the Hunter. It is expected to be placed in the brand's 350cc segment. Most of its features and mechanicals are expected to be shared from the brand's new J-platform motorcycle, the Meteor 350.
Mechanically, the Hunter is expected to be powered by the same engine as the Meteor 350. It will be the new SOHC 349cc single-cylinder air-oil cooled SOHC engine that will produce 20.2bhp of power at 6100rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 4000rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. With the new engine, the motorcycle is expected to carry impressive levels of refinement.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle seem to be handled by a conventional telescopic fork with gator covers at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be the same as seen on the new Meteor cruiser motorcycle. It is also expected to be offered with a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Halting Its Production Due To The Covid-19 Pandemic
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country is increasing at a rapid pace. As a result, automakers have decided to curb the spread by announcing non-production days in the country. However, Royal Enfield has done a good job by temporarily halting the production line.