- 35 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- Sports French Open 2021: Novak Djokovic fights back from two sets down to clinch his 19th Grand Slam title
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The Royal Enfield Scram nameplate has been registered by the brand in India. Based on the name, it could be a new scrambler motorcycle that is being considered for launch in the Indian market. The new motorcycle is likely to be launched under the 650cc segment.
Apart from the name, no other details of the Royal Enfield Scram have been revealed. However, the existing naked motorcycle from the 650cc segment, the Interceptor 650 has been modified to a scrambler by many bike modifications around the world.
Because of the increasing popularity of off-road and scrambler motorcycles, Royal Enfield might look to offer a performance scrambler in the market. The Scram, if launched in the 650cc segment, might use the same engine and platform from the existing 650 motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650.
Speaking on Scram's design, scrambler motorcycles generally have a bare-bones design with a rugged appeal. We expect the Scram to carry a similar design approach to be regarded as the scrambler.
This includes a long-shaped fuel tank, a single-piece seat with possible ribbed stitching, an up-swept dual exhaust stacked on the same side, raised handlebar, LED lighting all around the motorcycle with DRLs and raised front and rear fenders. It is also expected to have a single-pod instrument cluster along with the brand's Tipper Navigation pod placed on the side.
The 649cc air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine on the 650 twins produces 47bhp and a peak torque of 52Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch assisted. We expect the power and torque figures to remain similar on the new motorcycle. It also features liquid cooling on the twin-cylinder engine to extract maximum performance.
The upcoming scrambler could also feature a (USD) UpSide-Down front fork. The USD will aid for better handling characteristics of the cruiser. The rear suspension on the scrambler is expected to be a twin shock unit. It will continue to use the same double cradle frame as well.
Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be done via a 320mm disc at the front and a 240mm disc at the rear; supported by a dual-channel ABS offered as standard. Both motorcycles feature 18-inch spoked wheels, which is also expected to be carried over to the Scram as well.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Scram Name Registered In India
The moniker Scram gives away the type of motorcycle that could be under development from Royal Enfiled. Many bike modification houses around the world have used the interceptor 650 as the base model to turn it into a scrambler motorcycle. Seeing this, the company might offer a scrambler right from the factory in the future.