- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
Revolt Motors announces the keyless entry feature on the RV400 electric motorcycle. The new feature called the 'Swipe To Start' is enabled via the MyRevolt App smartphone application. The new feature will be rolled out for all Revolt customers (Revolters) in September 2021.
The new feature will allow the user to switch on/off their AI-enabled motorcycle without a key using their phone. To switch on the bike with the swipe to start feature, the user is required to open the app and slide the power button from left to right.
This feature allows users the freedom to use the bike keyless. They can also perform other functions remotely such as lock, unlock, and locate their bike via the application.
Speaking on the announcement, Mr Rahul Sharma, Founder, Revolt Motors, said, "Revolt has always been the first in class to introduce the latest innovation and technology in the market. We are glad to introduce the swipe to start feature, helping consumers to rev freely.
We are constantly striving to enhance our riding experience to offer one of its kind innovation. With this feature, consumers now don't need a separate key, one can simply start the bike with their mobile. At Revolt Motors, we look forward to providing a holistic experience to our consumers right from starting the bike."
He further said, "Over the past few years, we have received an overwhelming response from our customers and we will continue to innovate and offer best in class technology. We truly believe that electric mobility will define the future of automobiles in India and Revolt's commitment to driving the passion of electric motorcycling is stronger than ever before."
The company recently dropped the prices for the Revolt RV400 due to the FAME-II Incentive revision. The electric motorcycle now retails at Rs 90,799, ex-showroom, and is sold in six cities. This includes Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad.
The Revolt RV400 features a 3.24kWh lithium-ion battery paired with a 3kW electric motor. This return a maximum riding range of 156km on a single charge (claimed). The motorcycle can reach a top speed of 85km/h.
Some of the highlighting features of the Revolt RV400 include:
- Three riding modes: Eco, Normal and Sport
- MyRevolt mobile app connectivity,
- Customised exhaust sounds
- Bike diagnostics
- Battery status
- LED headlamp & tail-lamp
- Fully digital instrument cluster
Revolt has recently raised INR 150 crore investment to expand the distributor and service network across 35 cities in India. In addition to this, the company is also leveraging AI, to upscale and provide an in-house developed contactless experience for its customers.
The company has also announced that it will be dropping the RV300 electric bike from its line-up. It will be replaced by the RV1, which will be a 100 per cent locally-built model from the company at its manufacturing plant in Manesar, Haryana — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Revolt RV400 Keyless Entry Enabled Via Smartphone
With the new feature, there is no longer a fear of dropping or misplacing the keys to the electric motorcycle. However, it would pose a few problems, when the phone is out of charge. Still, this is nice to have and a nifty feature on the Revolt RV400. We can certainly see a lot of Revolters using this feature who usually connect their smartphone to the electric motorcycle.