- 2 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 4 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- News Maharashtra Cabinet favours lockdown till May 31; Vaccination for 18-44 age group halted
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Bajaj Auto Limited has announced Rahul Bajaj has stepped down as the Non-executive Chairman of the company. He will end his duties from the roles on April 30, 2021. The company has appointed Niraj Bajaj as the new Chairman of Bajaj Auto Ltd.
The company has also announced that Rahul Bajaj has been appointed as the Chairman Emeritus of Bajaj Auto. He will be serving in that position for a period of 5 years starting from May 1, 2021.
According to the statement released by the company, Rahul Bajaj has decided to resign due to his age. He has been part of the company and driving force for five decades since the year 1972.
In its official statement, Bajaj Auto said, "Rahul Bajaj has made a huge contribution to the success of the Company and the Group over the last five decades. Considering his tremendous experience and in the interest of the Company and to continue to benefit from his experience, knowledge and wisdom from time to time in an advisory role and as a mentor. "
It further stated, "The Board of Directors at its meeting held today and as recommended by the Nomination and Remuneration Committee has approved the appointment of Shri Rahul Bajaj as Chairman Emeritus of the Company for a term of five years with effect from 1 May 2021. This will be taken up at the ensuing annual general meeting for the approval of the shareholders."
Niraj Bajaj will be taking over all duties from Rahul Bajaj starting next month. He joined the board of Bajaj Auto Limited in 2006. He is also on the Board of Directors of Bajaj Auto Ltd, Bajaj Allianz Life and General Insurance Co Ltd, and is Chairman of Bachhraj & Company, Jamnalal Sons and various other Bajaj Group Companies.
Thoughts About The Rahul Bajaj Resigning As Chairman Of Bajaj Auto
Rahul Bajaj has served in the company for 49 years. Over the years, he has been responsible for the company to reach new heights and have been the driving force for the brand. However, due to his current age, he is forced to step down and become the advisory member for the brand.