- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Electric two-wheeler manufacturer Ola Electric has started production of its upcoming S1 and S1 Pro. The company has also revealed on Twitter that customers who have booked the two electric scooters will be able to get test rides of the S1 and S1 Pro from the 10th of November.
The Ola S1 and S1 Pro are being produced at Ola's Futurefactory. The facility which is located near Chennai in Tamil Nadu employs a woman-only workforce of around 10,000 people.
The Ola S1 and S1 Pro were launched in India on the 15th of August at a price of Rs 1 lakh and 1.30 lakhs (both ex-showroom) respectively. Bangalore-based Ola Electric had opened bookings over a period of two days in September for the two e-scooters at a nominal price of Rs 499.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro Performance, Range & Charging
The Ola S1 is the more basic of the two electric scooters but shares most of its power figures with the more expensive S1 Pro. Both electric Ola scooters are powered by an interior permanent magnet type (IPM) mid-drive motor which has a regular power output of 7.37bhp. However, the peak output of the motor is a more powerful 11.39bhp and 58Nm of torque.
The size of the lithium-ion battery pack is what differentiates the two electric scooters from Ola. The S1 sports a 2.98kWh which delivers a claimed range of 121 kilometres on a single charge. The S1 Pro's battery pack is rated at 3.97kWh which gives the e-scooter a range of 181 kilometres.
The larger battery pack also means that the S1 Pro takes longer to charge when connected to a regular wall socket — six and half hours compared to the four hours and forty-eight minutes charging time quoted for the regular S1. However, Ola claims that both the S1 and S1 Pro will recuperate 75 kilometres of range in just 18 minutes when connected to one of its Hyperchargers.
Both the Ola S1 and S1 Pro share two riding modes — Normal and Sports. However, the more expensive S1 Pro gets a third riding mode called Hyper. The S1 has a top speed of 90 km/h while the S1 Pro tops out at 115km/h.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro Dimensions
Both the S1 and S1 Pro are identical in terms of size. Bothe e-scooters from Ola measure 1859mm long, 712mm wide and 1160mm tall. The wheelbase of both scooters is 1359mm long. Both the S1 and S1 Pro have storage spaces that can hold 36 litres. Both e-scooters have seat heights of 792mm and ground clearance of 165mm. The Ola S1 weighs in at 121 kilogrammes while the S1 Pro is four kilos heavier at 125 kilogrammes.
Both the S1 and S1 Pro from Ola feature a tubular frame chassis along with a single fork up front and a mono-shock at the rear to take care of the rough stuff. Stopping power is provided by disc brakes on both wheels (220mm disc on the front wheel and 180mm disc at the rear) which is duly assisted by a combi braking system. The 12-inch aluminium alloy wheels are shod with 110/70 R12 tyres.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro Features
Both the Ola Electric S1 and S1 Pro come with a host of features including geo-fencing, proximity lock/unlock, remote boot lock/unlock, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, OTA updates, vehicle tracking and reverse mode among many others. However, features exclusive to the S1 Pro are Hill Hold, Cruise Control and the voice assistant.
Thoughts on the Ola S1 and S1 Pro
The Ola Electric S1 and S1 Pro come with a lot of hopes and dreams riding on them. If Ola manages to deliver on its promises with the S1 and S1 Pro, India's electric revolution may just come a whole lot sooner than expected.