- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- Movies Savita Bajaj Receives Financial Aid From Ayushmann Khurrana, Actor Transfers Huge Amount Into Her Account
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Ola electric scooters will be home-delivered after its launch. Reports that Ola Electric will deliver its electric scooters to buyers' houses have now surfaced. The brand will adopt the direct-to-consumer retail model and will not opt for dealerships for its upcoming EV. This news comes in just a few days after bookings for the electric scooter opened.
Ola Electric has constantly been creating headlines in the recent past. In February 2019, Ola Electric Mobility was launched with a vision to develop and launch electric vehicles and provide charging infrastructure. So far, the brand certainly has been on the right track.
The company first created headlines thanks to its manufacturing facility in Tamil Nadu. It is said to be the largest two-wheeler factory in the world and can produce its electric scooters at a rapid pace.
Ola Electric then opened pre-bookings for its scooter at just Rs 499 and this resulted in huge demand for the scooter. The brand received more than one lakh bookings in just 24 hours, thereby creating a big milestone.
Now, it is said that the brand will adopt a direct-to-customer retail strategy. Some of the top automotive brands in the world have followed this strategy with Tesla being the prime example. Mercedes-Benz India also recently revealed a similar strategy where the inventory management and sales in the country is centralised.
Now, Ola Electric is also set to launch a similar strategy. Ola's electric scooters will be delivered directly to the buyers' doorsteps. Even for after-sales service, Ola will send technicians straight to the customer's house. This will be the first time that such a strategy is being implemented in the scooter segment in India.
Bookings for the electric scooter can be made online at the brand's website. Once the scooter is ready to hit the production line, more details about the scooter will be revealed. Those who booked the scooter will be asked to confirm other details like the variant and the colour opted for. Documentation will also have to be submitted online.
Once this is done, buyers will just have to wait and the electric scooter will be delivered to their houses. This retail model will save Ola Electric the cost and time involved in the setting up of a dealership network. Also, Ola Electric will be able to cater to almost all locations in the country.
Ola Electric will also set up a comprehensive charging network all across the country, thereby easing the range anxiety of buyers. Speaking of range, it is quite obvious that Ola has left all its competitors behind. The scooter is said to have a range of around 150 kilometres. The scooter will also have a top speed of 100km/h.
Thoughts On Ola Electric Scooter Being Delivered To Buyers' Doorstep
Ola Electric is certainly doing all things right. The scooter looks great, has revolutionary specifications and is loaded with advanced technologies as well. Now, the home-delivery method and the direct-to-customer strategy is certainly something that will increase the convenience of buyers across the country.