- 11 min ago Jawa Gifts Mayur Shelke A Motorcycle For His Bravery: Read More About It!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA Pre-Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- Finance Banks Gain After RBI Caps Dividend Payment For FY21
- Movies Kubbra Sait Mourns Actor Amit Mistry’s Loss, Says ‘You Will Be Missed On Earth’
- Sports IPL 2021: Partnership with Kohli gets it right for Padikkal
- News Cannot afford a mask: Man sports bird’s nest to collect pension at govt office
- Technology First Look At iPhone 13 Mini; Familiar Design With Better Upgrades?
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Lifestyle Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Ola Electric has released the first set of official images of its upcoming electric scooter in the Indian market. The new Ola electric scooter is said to go on sale in India sometime in June this year and will be positioned as a premium offering in the segment.
The new Ola electric scooter is said to be based on the Etergo AppScooter, a product of Etergo BV - an Amsterdam-based electric two-wheeler brand. Ola acquired the company in May last year and will be introducing their version of the e-scooter in the market soon.
While Ola electric is yet to announce any details of their upcoming e-scooter, we can expect it to be similar to the Etergo AppScooter; apart from a few changes. The official images released by Ola, showcase a design similar to the Dutch model.
This includes the single side suspension setup at the front, funky looking LED headlamps, LED taillights and a clean side profile with a minimalistic design. The Etergo AppScooter also comes with features such as 50-litre under-seat storage and a 7-inch instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity.
Having said that, the Ola electric scooter for India will come with a few changes and updates, which will make it more suitable for Indian riding conditions. The company could also replace some parts on the e-scooter as well, which will allow the brand to price it more competitively in the segment.
Ola is also yet to reveal the battery and electric motor specifications of its upcoming electric scooter. However, we expect it to be the same as that on the Etergo model. The AppScooter uses three lithium-ion batteries, each with a 1.15kWh capacity.
The battery packs on the scooter claim to offer a combined range of 240km on a single charge. The electric powertrain also claims to accelerate from 0 - 45km/h in 3.9 seconds. The Ola electric scooter will also come with fast-charging capabilities, while also being offered with a home charger as standard.
Furthermore, the electric scooter will be manufactured at the brand's upcoming facility in Tamil Nadu. The new Ola Electric factory once operational is said to become the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturing facility. The new plant will have a maximum production capacity of 10 million units by 2022.
However, in the first phase, Ola Electric is looking at a production capacity of 2 million units and the creation of over 10,000 job opportunities. The company had signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government last year, with an investment of Rs 2,400 crore, towards the new facility in Krishnagiri, TN.
Thoughts On The Ola Electric Scooter & Its Production Facility In India
Ola is going big with its electric two-wheeler plans in the Indian market. The company is also looking at export sales for its new electric scooter. In India, the Ola electric scooter once launched will rival the likes of the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak electric and the TVS iQube.