- 15 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 15 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar On Her Mother Testing Positive For COVID-19: Had A Hellish Time, She Was Extremely Serious
- Technology Week 20, 2021 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 10S, ASUS Zenfone 8, Redmi Note 10S, Infinix Note 10 Pro, And More
- News Bengal lockdown: Shootings of TV serials, films to halt from today
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Vanessa Bryant salutes Kobe at Basketball Hall of Fame induction - 'You're a true champ'
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Okinawa Autotech has announced a strategic partnership with Welectric. Welectric is a company engaged in the business of providing electric two-wheelers on lease rental to various corporations and individuals. With this partnership, Okinawa and Welectric will collaborate to focus on working with companies involved in last-mile delivery operations across the country.
Commenting on the partnership, Jeetender Sharma, MD & Founder, Okinawa Autotech, states "We are thrilled to partner with Welectric, a digital enabler in the sales, finance, maintenance, and aftermarket services for electric two-wheelers. With the rise of ecommerce and last-mile deliveries fueled by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become imperative for businesses in the delivery segment to consistently innovate, reduce operational costs, and increase efficiency, especially amidst rising fuel prices. I believe that our electric two wheelers will be a superior solution and a good alternative to the people involved in the last mile delivery. This year, we are expecting a mass transition of two wheeler users to electric scooters and this partnership is one step ahead in this direction."
Welectric already has a fleet of over 150 electric two-wheelers and plans to expand its fleet to over 2,000 units in the next 12 months. With this collaboration, Welectric will procure electric scooters from Okinawa including the latest - Okinawa Dual to propel 'services on wheels'.
Vikas Jain, CEO & Founder of Welectric said "We are excited to partner with Okinawa in our mission to build a digital ecosystem for sales, finance, maintenance and aftermarket of electric 2Ws. Okinawa has done extremely well in the B2C market offering various models of electric two wheelers that match their petrol counterparts in pick-up and speed. We have high expectations from their recent model Dual in the B2B market that we are currently focusing on. With this partnership, corporates would now be able to get comprehensive lease rental solutions on the entire range of Okinawa Electric 2Ws. This will make it easier for them to not just procure brand new Electric 2Ws on an OPEX model but also get convenient after sales services like doorstep maintenance, warranty, insurance claim support and refurbishment or upgrade options."
Currently, Okinawa has six electric scooters in its portfolio in the price range of Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.14 lakh. In the low-speed range, Okinawa Autotech offers three products: Okinawa R30, Okinawa Lite, and Okinawa Dual. On the other hand, the three high-speed products are Okinawa Ridge+, Okinawa Praise Pro, and Okinawa iPraise+. This year, the company is also planning to launch Two more new high-speed two-wheelers.
Thoughts About Okinawa's Partnership With Welectric
This partnership between Okinawa and Welectric will not only allow businesses to pledge for the environment and social responsibility by using electric vehicles instead of regular ICE ones. Not only that, but it will also result in reduced operating costs and improved employee riding convenience.