- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. — the popular electric two-wheeler manufacturer has teased the arrival of its first electric motorcycle, the Oki100 to the Indian market. The teaser image of the Okinawa Oki100 electric bike just comes with the caption 'coming soon', indicating the launch could take place in the coming weeks.
The company has been working on the electric motorcycle offering for quite a while now, with the first prototype showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. There were also plans of introducing the electric bike in India sometime during the festive season last year, however, even that did not take place.
Now, the company has updated the website with the new teaser, confirming that the Oki100 electric bike is finally set to enter the Indian market. Once launched, the new Okinawa Oki100 electric bike will be priced at around Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom) range, putting it directly in competition with the Revolt RV400.
Okinawa had also previously confirmed that the electric motorcycle will be built from the ground-up in India. The company is planning to have a 100 per cent localisation, this includes the battery modules as well.
The company is yet to announce the exact powertrain figures of the electric motorcycle. However, the Oki100 is said to come with a top speed of 100km/h. Also, the performance of the Okinawa Oki100 will be equivalent to that of a 125cc premium IC-engine powered commuter motorcycle.
The Okinawa Oki100 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, also revealed that the powertrain will be positioned in the conventional place as the engine. This should according to the brand help in balancing the weight out evenly. While also offering a low centre of gravity, aiding in improved agility and handling.
Other details on the motorcycle also include the use of LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument display, telescopic forks and monoshock suspension setup (front & rear) and disc brakes at either end.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teaser Image
Okinawa is finally set to introduce the Oki100 electric bike in the Indian market, after three years of its first unveiling. Okinawa will be hoping to the electric motorcycle will help them garner fresh interest towards the brand across the country.